[comp.sys.amiga] 500 Professional - what is it?

drraymond@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Darrell Raymond) (11/13/90)

  I've seen ads in Amiga Whirled (namely those by Applied Engineering) that
talk about boards for an Amiga "500 Professional".  However, I can't get any
Commodore reps in Canada to admit that such a beast exists or will exist. Is
this a US-only machine?  I gather from the ads that it has a meg of RAM on
the motherboard - what other details can be told?  Does it have the ECS chip
set, 2.0, AmigaVision?

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (11/14/90)

In article <1990Nov13.031542.24509@watdragon.waterloo.edu> drraymond@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Darrell Raymond) writes:

>...talk about boards for an Amiga "500 Professional"...

The 500P is a 500 that comes with 1Mb ram (512k chip, I think), and
AmigaVision.  There are no bundled games, like the consumer version.

>Commodore reps in Canada to admit that such a beast exists or will exist.
>Is this a US-only machine?

Each country decides independently what machines it will ship.  I have
no information on the availability of the 500P in Canada.  If you want
the equivalent, purchase an A500, AmigaVision, and an A501.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky