[comp.sys.amiga] TTL

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) (11/05/90)

I read somewhere about a cable that would plug an amiga into a TTL monitor,
and eliminate interlace, but only in four colors - Two questions - does such
a cable exist?  and - I own a Mitsubishi Diamond Scan monitor which has a
TTL port as well as normal RGB port - could I use this monitor in TTL mode
as the TTL monitor for the cable?  Any ideas?  THANKS!!!

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/09/90)

diogenes@bbs.sbs.com (Charles Bandes) writes:
>I read somewhere about a cable that would plug an amiga into a TTL monitor,
>and eliminate interlace, but only in four colors - Two questions - does such
>a cable exist?

No.  What you might be thinking of is the Hedley monitor, which does eliminate
interlace, and gives you a bigger screen as well, but only in B/W.  You can
get TTL video out of the Amiga, suitable for IBM CGA type displays, but this
is 16 colors and DOES have interlace.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

maniac@howlin.cs.unlv.edu (Eric J. Schwertfeger) (11/14/90)

)
) No.  What you might be thinking of is the Hedley monitor, which does eliminate
) interlace, and gives you a bigger screen as well, but only in B/W.  You can
) get TTL video out of the Amiga, suitable for IBM CGA type displays, but this
) is 16 colors and DOES have interlace.
)
) --
) Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us

	Not quite.  there *ARE* companies advertizing amiga->IBM Monocrome
adapters that virtually eliminate flicker (not the interlace, however).
In fact, I just talked to someone on CIS( forgot the name, sorry), that had
done just that.

	There's also a paper-white grey-scale monitor occasionally offered
in Computer Shopper, that I've been wondering how much flicker it would show.

--
Eric J. Schwertfeger, maniac@jimi.cs.unlv.edu