[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for Walker II Demo.

WHE46@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (11/13/90)

   A couple of years ago, I got the trailer for a demo called the
Walker II Demo.  In the trailer, it says that the actual demo would
be available in Spring 1989.  It is now Fall 1990, and I haven't
seen the actual Walker II demo anywhere.

   Does anyone know if this demo was ever actually released?  If it
has, I would like to have it.  The trailer was impressive enough that
I would like to have the actual demo for showing off my Amiga to
other people.  If someone has it, could you LHWARP all of the disks
and upload the files to ABCFD20?  This would be appreciated.

                                      -MB-

In article <36220@nigel.ee.udel.edu> WHE46@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:

>   A couple of years ago, I got the trailer for a demo called the
>Walker II Demo.  In the trailer, it says that the actual demo would
>be available in Spring 1989.  It is now Fall 1990, and I haven't
>seen the actual Walker II demo anywhere.

	Apparently Imaginetics got a phone-call from Lucasfilm
regarding using 'Walkers'. Basically, they were told not to use
it any more and Lucasfilm wouldn't sue them.
	-- Ethan

	If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he
has inflicted upon men, He would kill himself.
	-- Alexandre Dumas

	Which is it: is man one of God's blunders, or is God one
of man's blunders?
	-- Nietzsche

	They're JOKES! Lighten up! 8) Flames will be ignored.

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (11/14/90)

In article <36220@nigel.ee.udel.edu> WHE46@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:
> I would like to have the actual demo for showing off my Amiga to
> other people.  If someone has it, could you LHWARP all of the disks
> and upload the files to ABCFD20?  This would be appreciated.

Does no one look in /FILES.Z on abcfd20?

Sat  02-Nov-90  21:20:42   511152  amiga/demos/traditional/walker-2/disk-2.lzh
Sat  02-Nov-90  21:18:47   548972  amiga/demos/traditional/walker-2/disk-1.lzh

	...tad