[comp.sys.amiga] A2000 Pricing

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (11/09/90)

(I can only post to c.s.a so please forgive the choice of areas.)

I'm in the market for an A2000, and given that Canadian retail is
about $1800 with 1MB RAM, no HD, and no monitor, plus the fact
that we have no educational discount plan here, I'm considering
buying used.  What is a reasonable price for a bare-bones A2000?
I'm upgrading from a 500, so most of my peripherals (except HD
controller) will go with me.

If I do decide to buy, is there any SAFE way to make a private deal
over the border?  Noone would want to send hardware before receiving
a cheque, and I don't want to do the reverse.  Any ideas?

Do you want to hear about the $6000.00+ A3000s in Canada?  I thought not.

Thanks,
Dave Plummer

--
David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolf) (11/14/90)

In article <919.273B9972@weyr.FIDONET.ORG> David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) writes:
>(I can only post to c.s.a so please forgive the choice of areas.)
[Stuff deleted]

>Do you want to hear about the $6000.00+ A3000s in Canada?  I thought not.
>
>Thanks,
>Dave Plummer

Anybody want to hear that 2.02 upgrades aren't available in Canada for us
A3000 owners yet and Commodore Canada doesn't even know when it will?

I didn't think so...

>--
>David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
>UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer
>Domain: David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
>Standard Disclaimers Apply...

Colin DeWolfe
dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca
dewolfe@iris1.ucis.dal.ca

andrew@postmod.UUCP (Andrew J Richardson) (11/14/90)

In article <919.273B9972@weyr.FIDONET.ORG>, David Plummer writes:

-> I'm in the market for an A2000, and given that Canadian retail is
-> about $1800 with 1MB RAM, no HD, and no monitor, plus the fact
-> that we have no educational discount plan here, I'm considering
-> buying used.  What is a reasonable price for a bare-bones A2000?
-> I'm upgrading from a 500, so most of my peripherals (except HD
-> controller) will go with me.
->
-> If I do decide to buy, is there any SAFE way to make a private deal
-> over the border?  Noone would want to send hardware before receiving
-> a cheque, and I don't want to do the reverse.  Any ideas?

well, i bought an a2000 a few months ago, with only a second (internal)
floppy as add-on, for $900.  i think this would be the median price.

as for exchanging funds/machine, how about sending the first half, then
recieving the machine, then sending the second half.  any transaction
that's not face to face requires SOME amount of faith, but this reduces
the possibility of problems to half the dollar value.

	andrew

	uunet!postmod!andrew