[comp.sys.amiga] KS Update?

	Can someone at Commodore straighten out Amaginations, a
NYC dealer which sells on educational discount to students here
at Columbia, about the KickStart upgrade? They have no idea what
I'm talking about, and a lot of people are waiting for it. Their
number is (212) 727-3290. Thanks,
	-- Ethan

	If God were suddenly condemned to live the life which he
has inflicted upon men, He would kill himself.
	-- Alexandre Dumas

	Which is it: is man one of God's blunders, or is God one
of man's blunders?
	-- Nietzsche

	They're JOKES! Lighten up! 8) Flames will be ignored.

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) (11/14/90)

Hey Commdore!

Is anyone else having as hard a time at getting a hold of 2.02 as I
am?  My local dealer can't even seem to get it!  The nearest other
dealer to me is a 3 hour drive.  COMMDORE, WHY don't you make it PD
and let people download it?

I have another gripe.  The other day I tried to be a good citizen and
report a bug in 2.0.  I called 180066AMIGA who told me to call HQ in
pennsylvania.  I called them and got put on hold for 15 minutes before
getting a real person who said I had to report my bug in writing.ACK!

So, HOW do I go about reporting a bug, pray tell?

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=That is not dead which may eternal lie-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no

andy@cbmvax.commodore.com (Andy Finkel) (11/15/90)

In article <25411@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu () writes:
>Hey Commdore!
>
>Is anyone else having as hard a time at getting a hold of 2.02 as I
>am?  My local dealer can't even seem to get it!  The nearest other
>dealer to me is a 3 hour drive.  COMMDORE, WHY don't you make it PD
>and let people download it?

A mailing of 2.02 Kickstart disks was made to authorized dealers
in the US.  If your dealer has not received it, he/she has communications
channels to Commodore US Sales to find out what happened to it.

(We don't have an interest in making our OS public domain;
thanks for the suggestion, though)

>I have another gripe.  The other day I tried to be a good citizen and
>report a bug in 2.0.  I called 180066AMIGA who told me to call HQ in
>pennsylvania.  I called them and got put on hold for 15 minutes before
>getting a real person who said I had to report my bug in writing.ACK!
>
>So, HOW do I go about reporting a bug, pray tell?

I could swear this is in the monthly Usenet comp.sys.amiga general info
posting; anyway, to report a bug, email to

bugs@cbmvax.commodore.com

to make a suggestion, email to

suggestions@cbmvax.commodore.com

Or you could post them in the amiga.dev developers conference
we maintain on BIX, or you could snail mail them in

Amiga Software Engineering
1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

ATTN: BUGS

>*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no

			andy
--
andy finkel		{uunet|rutgers|amiga}!cbmvax!andy
Commodore-Amiga, Inc.

"It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the
 problem."