[comp.sys.amiga] Help: Clock not found

welter@swi.psy.uva.nl (Welter Richard) (11/12/90)

On startup my amiga 500 (KS1.2, A501Expansion) says battery backed up clock
 not found.

 I know this has been answered before, but I don't remember the solution,
So could someone please tell me what I can do about this.

Thanx		Richard Welter

--
 Richard Welter		|  Ultra-violence running thru my mind - A.B.&B.B.  /
 email:swi.psy.uva.nl	|					           /

MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu (11/12/90)

In article <4493@swi.swi.psy.uva.nl>, welter@swi.psy.uva.nl (Welter Richard)
says:

>On startup my amiga 500 (KS1.2, A501Expansion) says battery backed up clock
> not found.
>
> I know this has been answered before, but I don't remember the solution,
>So could someone please tell me what I can do about this.
>
>Thanx           Richard Welter

I'm having the same problem as well -- I just noticed that the clock is not
found on my A500 (KS 1.2, not an A501 but the same sort of thing) and if
you know a solution please mail, or post even. (could it be a dead battery?)

/Mark "Remixed for Common Household Appliances" Sachs - MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu\
|DISCLAIMER? You've GOT to be kidding, right?           ||   // AMIGA   ||  |
|   "Haven't they heard we won the war?                 || \X/  Power   ||  |
\== "What do they keep on fighting for?" -- B. Joel, LENINGRAD =============/

bjc@smunews.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (11/15/90)

In article <90316.105316MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu> MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>In article <4493@swi.swi.psy.uva.nl>, welter@swi.psy.uva.nl (Welter Richard)
>says:
>>
>>On startup my amiga 500 (KS1.2, A501Expansion) says battery backed up clock
>> not found.
>
>I'm having the same problem as well -- I just noticed that the clock is not
>found on my A500 (KS 1.2, not an A501 but the same sort of thing) and if
>you know a solution please mail, or post even. (could it be a dead battery?)

The problem is caused by some errant program resetting a bit in the clock.  T
To correct the problem, use SETCLOCK RESET from the Workbench, but be sure
to use either 1.3.2 or else just 1.2 Workbench.  The one from the Enhancer
kit does not work.

Betty
Betty Clay
76702.337@compuserve.com