[comp.sys.amiga] computer chronicles

davef@brspyr1.BRS.Com (Dave Fiske) (03/04/88)

I was reading the latest issue of Online Today, CompuServe's subscriber
magazine last night, and I noticed they now are providing
transcripts/summaries of the series "The Computer Chronicles."

I just now looked at the stuff online, and there seems to be a lag
between program airing and being posted to CIS--right now the most
recent transcripts seem to be from January 1988.

Anyway, eventually the February 20 all-Amiga show should show up there,
so that people like myself who missed the show can at least read what
they said about Amigas.  Watch for it.

To get to the Computer Chronicles:  GO OLT-110, and select it from the
menu.

--
     "CORPSE EXPLODES                     Dave Fiske  (davef@brspyr1)
      IN THE CASKET"                      BRS Information Technologies

ferg@pnet01.cts.com (John Ferguson) (06/27/89)

Well folks, Amiga finnally hit the big time, the Computer Chronicles
devoted their entire show this morning to the Amiga.  I have but a few
complaints, they spent too much time on games, but I like how they stressed
the multi-tasking capabilities, they said on several occasions that the
Amiga is the ONLY computer that can run multiple applications simutanously
and demoed this with Dpaint, Analyze and Kindwords.  They then went mostly
into the video aspects showing several animation packages.

I would like to give a "Well Done" pat on the back to the Computer
Chronicles, maybe now they have Seen The Light.

                                              ____
                                              |_
                                              |  erg

US Mail: P.O. Box 2104, La Mesa CA,  92044
Voice: (619) 670-3161  Modem: (619) 670-1095
ARPA: crash!pnet01!ferg@nosc.mil              INET: ferg@pnet01.cts.com

                     -=[  In Stereo Where Available  ]=-

hrlaser@sactoh0 (Harv R. Laser) (06/28/89)

In article <4474@crash.cts.com> ferg@pnet01.cts.com (John Ferguson) writes:
>Well folks, Amiga finnally hit the big time, the Computer Chronicles
>devoted their entire show this morning to the Amiga.  I have but a few
>complaints, they spent too much time on games, but I like how they stressed
>the multi-tasking capabilities, they said on several occasions that the
>Amiga is the ONLY computer that can run multiple applications simutanously
>and demoed this with Dpaint, Analyze and Kindwords.  They then went mostly
>into the video aspects showing several animation packages.
>
>I would like to give a "Well Done" pat on the back to the Computer
>Chronicles, maybe now they have Seen The Light.

This show was actually a repeat from earlier in the season, but it
was good to see them air it again.

Lou Wallace of AmigaWorld was one of the guests on the show (you'll
remember him showing off his prowess at playing "Menace") and I
bumped into him on People/Link last night and mentioned I'd seen
his grinning visage on teevee earlier in the day... he said this
show was actually C.Chronicle's second "mainly Amiga" show and that
they were planning a third, air-date unknown, subject matter
unknown.  I too hope they'll spend a little less time on games in
the next go-round.. although a well done game can be a good showoff
it can also give many uninitiated viewers the wrong impression of
what Amiga is all about.

--
| Harv Laser                  |  SAC-UNIX, Sacramento, Ca.  |
| Plink: CBM*HARV             |  UUCP=...pacbell!sactoh0    |

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (10/26/90)

>In article <49@oregon.oacis.org> jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org (John Meissen - Staff OACIS) writes:
>I understand that the Nov 17 edition of the Computer Chronicles will be about
>the Amiga 3000. Does anybody have any more information?

I believe that it will be previewing NewTek's Video Toaster.  The Toaster's official
rollout is on November 30th in Minneapolis (and members of the A.M.I.G.A users group
will get a chance to preview it the night before).
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org

dale@b17b.INGR.COM (Dale Rogers) (11/15/90)

For all you Alabamians out there.  Computer Chronicals will feature the
Amiga 3000 on Saturday Nov.17,1990.  I think it begins at 5 or 5:30 PM.
I confirmed this with Alabama Public Television (APT).  Other regions may
also be showing this program, but I am not sure of the time it will air.

I saw an article posted something to this effect a while ago.  This is a
confirmation of that posting.

Dale R. Rogers _________________________________________________
Intergarph Corp.                             Phone: 205-730-6712
One Madison Industrial Park      EMAIL____________________________________
Huntsville, Al 35807-4201        ingr!b17b!camelot!dale
MailStop: IW17B5                 ingr.com!b17b!camelot!dale@uunet.uu.net

        There is an old saying that a man is seen in
        three different ways.

                "The way others see him.
                 The way he sees himself.
                 and