[comp.sys.amiga] HELP: lots of trouble with A2091 hard disk cards

bourkej@ul.ie (11/14/90)

Hi guys,

I am having trouble getting to A2091 to work with my Amiga 2000. I setup and
install the hard disk as per the instructions, but when I run the HD Prep
program to format the hard disk I get this error

"No rigid disk block on drive"

When I boot the systems up, the hard disk does not register on the workbench.

I have had three hard disks and controllers and each one does the same.  Each
time I follow the instructions, and the same thing happens.

Am I missing something ?

John Bourke
Systems Support,
Information Technology Department,
University of Limerick,
Ireland

Phone:	+353 61 333644 x2008
FAX:	+353 61 330316

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (11/16/90)

In article <9775.27408016@ul.ie> bourkej@ul.ie writes:
>Hi guys,
>

>I am having trouble getting to A2091 to work with my Amiga 2000. I setup and
>install the hard disk as per the instructions, but when I run the HD Prep
>program to format the hard disk I get this error
>
>"No rigid disk block on drive"
>
>John Bourke University of Limerick, Ireland

Have you tried the HDToolbox software that comes with the 2091?
This should allow you to fully initialize your hard disk (partition,
specify filesystems, etc.)
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky