[comp.sys.amiga] Problems with a64101n.lzh on abcfd20

clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) (11/12/90)

	Has anyone else had problems with a64101n.lzh on abcfd20?  LZ gets
most of the way through the archive and then comes up with a 'file header
too short' error.  I can get a workable release by extracting the new
release on to the original one but I'd like to get a hold of a complete
new release.

--
 Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
 clemon@lemsys.UUCP   or   lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca

In <3810.658345708@lemsys.UUCP>, clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) writes:
>	Has anyone else had problems with a64101n.lzh on abcfd20?  LZ gets
>most of the way through the archive and then comes up with a 'file header
>too short' error.  I can get a workable release by extracting the new
>release on to the original one but I'd like to get a hold of a complete
>new release.

Did you try LHARC as well?  I have run across several files that LZ choked on,
but were perfectly extracted by LHARC.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.

drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Donald Richard Tillery Jr) (11/12/90)

I didn't have problems un-arcing the program but I did have problems running
it on a GVP A3001 28Mhz board.  It is supposed to run on an '030 and I
suppose it does work on the 2500/30 but my machine doesn't like it.  Anyone
have this board and have success with this emulator?

Rick Tillery
(drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu)

eb15+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward D. Berger) (11/13/90)

I found the a64101n emulator to work on my A3000/16 under 1.3, but not 2.01.
If I turned on instruction burst, or data cache/burst modes (with SetCPU) it
failed to work.  It runs BASIC programs at very close if not at full speed,
the one machine language game I tried had problems with sprite collision, and
was maybe a little slow, but almost playable.  There still was no sound.
If they get the sound working, I think I'll keep it and pay the shareware fee.

-Ed Berger
eb15@andrew.cmu.edu

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/13/90)

clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) writes:

>                                                             LZ gets
> most of the way through the archive and then comes up with a 'file header
> too short' error.

Since LZ still has some problems, anytime you have problems de-archiving
with it, switch back to LHArc or LHArcA.

> --
>  Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
>  clemon@lemsys.UUCP   or   lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca
>  ....!{uunet}!watmath!xenitec!lemsys!clemon

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68000 chip." -Computer Shopper

clemon@lemsys.UUCP (Craig Lemon) (11/14/90)

In a message posted on 12 Nov 90 04:55:54 GMT,
drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu (Donald Richard Tillery Jr) wrote:
DRTJ>I didn't have problems un-arcing the program but I did have problems running
DRTJ>it on a GVP A3001 28Mhz board.  It is supposed to run on an '030 and I
DRTJ>suppose it does work on the 2500/30 but my machine doesn't like it.  Anyone
DRTJ>have this board and have success with this emulator?
DRTJ>
DRTJ>Rick Tillery
DRTJ>(drtiller@uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu)

	WOW!.  Thank you everybody.  Yes, I now know what this file is and
that there is no problem with it.  Please, I beg of you, let me have my
mbox back!

do until forever
	:-)
endloop

--
 Craig Lemon - Kitchener, Ontario. Amiga B2000/10--2400 bps--AmigaUUCP 1.03D
 clemon@lemsys.UUCP   or   lemsys!clemon@xenitec.on.ca
 ....!{uunet}!watmath!xenitec!lemsys!clemon

pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) (11/16/90)

I noticed that a64101n.lzh was missing the fonts: directory files.  I extracted
them from APerfect and got it to run somewhat.

I got to the point where it went to 64 mode but the fonts were messed up and
the lines were printing diagonally across the screen instead of straight across.
I would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten this to work with
the A3000...

Pat

harris@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Michael Harris) (11/16/90)

pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) writes:

>I would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten this to work with
>the A3000...

It works fine on my A3000... under AmigaDOS 1.3 only.  I haven't actually tried
to run any programs.  (nor can I since I don't have the 64 hardware
interface)  I haven't had time to figure out if it can read AmigaDOS format
diskettes yet.

--
 __   _ ___ ___   Michael Harris - harris@catt.ncsu.edu      //        _
|    / \  | |    Computer and Technologies Theme Program    // /||\/||/ _ /|

jac423@leah.albany.edu (Julius Andrew Cisek) (11/17/90)

In article <1990Nov16.025915.23186@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> harris@hobbes.ncsu.edu (Michael Harris) writes:
>pm0@springs.cis.ufl.edu (Patrick Martin) writes:
>
>>I would be very interested to know if anyone has gotten this to work with
>>the A3000...
>
>It works fine on my A3000... under AmigaDOS 1.3 only.  I haven't actually tried
>to run any programs.  (nor can I since I don't have the 64 hardware
>interface)  I haven't had time to figure out if it can read AmigaDOS format
>diskettes yet.

I haven't used  A64 (couldn't someone  prepare a zoo  version with the
directory structure intact???) yet, but I did find an ftp site for C64
software, so you might not even need the hardware interface.  The site
is tolsun.oulu.fi,  128.214.5.6.  The selection is  poor (so I suggest
getting the hw eventually), but for now much better than nothing!
--
|    // .______. J.Cisek  CSC MiniSystems  "i don't want the world,   \_o_/ |
|  \X/--|UU UUU| jac423@leah.albany.edu     i just want your half..." \\|   |