[comp.sys.amiga] Star Trek game By Tobias

wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) (11/17/90)

If you are like me and have downloaded the Game TobiasTrek from NewXanth,
you might have been surprised by the fact that it doesnt run right after
Unharcing. (I thought "wow, the wait must be for the creation of the
universe). what a mistake as the short wait turned into minutes, the minutes
into hours, and the hours into day ...(well I am exagerating...).

What went wrong ?
well (stop reading if you got it to run) ... this to help the lost souls ...

you need 2 disks or some intelligent Asssigns.
STGAME:
STDATA:

the first TOBIASTREK-1 should go on STGAME:
the Second TOBIASTREK-2 should go on STDATA:

so what next ?
it was all unharced nicely .
but on STDATA , all the files have to go in some SUBDIRS named :
WIN
SND
PIC

Which files go where ?
just type the file with OPT H
at the very beginning of the file , there is string of characters in the file
describing the file itself.
the one containing ...WIN.... go into WIN, ...PIC... into PIC, but nothing for
the SND. playing the file as a sample will help. If it sounds coherent, in
SND it goes.
A utility like DiskMaster helps a lot (for the commands Playsound &  Hex read).

after this, the prg will then run.

Warning :
there ARE 2 files named the same but which go in different subdirs .
they are -TRANSPORTER
         -MEDICAL

anyway, the game is great for something PD . The amount of time put into the
programming/design shows in the game .

					Walter

ked01@ccc.amdahl.com (Kim DeVaughn) (11/18/90)

In article <13210@chaph.usc.edu> wdao@girtab.usc.edu (Walter Dao) writes:

> it was all unharced nicely .
> but on STDATA , all the files have to go in some SUBDIRS named :
> WIN
> SND
> PIC
>
> Which files go where ?
> just type the file with OPT H
> at the very beginning of the file , there is string of characters in the file
> describing the file itself.
> the one containing ...WIN.... go into WIN, ...PIC... into PIC, but nothing for
> the SND. playing the file as a sample will help. If it sounds coherent, in
> SND it goes.
>
> Warning :
> there ARE 2 files named the same but which go in different subdirs .
> they are -TRANSPORTER
>          -MEDICAL

Or just use the -x and -m options of "lharc", and the correct directory
structure will be maintained automatically.

/kim

--
UUCP:  kim@uts.amdahl.com   -OR-   ked01@juts.ccc.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim