[comp.sys.amiga] Meshugena Comm Program

davids@utstat.uucp (David Scollnik) (11/06/90)

Recently someone posted an article concerning a PD / Shareware Comm
program called Meshugena ( sp ? ). Apparently one of its useful features
is that it allows the use of multiple login windows.

If anyone knows of an ftp site upon which this program resides, please
E-mail me the address. I've looked on several already with no luck.
Hopefully 'Meshugena' is in fact the correct spelling, and I've been
looking for the proper file.

Thanks in advance, and all you U.S. folk, enjoy tomorrow's election.

--
  David P.M. Scollnik         |   UUCP:   utstat!davids
  University of Toronto       |  bitnet:  davids@utstat.utoronto

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/07/90)

davids@utstat.uucp (David Scollnik) writes:

> Recently someone posted an article concerning a PD / Shareware Comm
> program called Meshugena ( sp ? ). Apparently one of its useful features
> is that it allows the use of multiple login windows.
>
> If anyone knows of an ftp site upon which this program resides, please
> E-mail me the address. I've looked on several already with no luck.
> Hopefully 'Meshugena' is in fact the correct spelling, and I've been
> looking for the proper file.
>
> Thanks in advance, and all you U.S. folk, enjoy tomorrow's election.
>
> --
>   David P.M. Scollnik         |   UUCP:   utstat!davids
>   University of Toronto       |  bitnet:  davids@utstat.utoronto
>   Deptartment of Statistics   |    arpa:  davids@utstat.toronto.edu

This is the same thing dNet does, and dNet does it better, plus you are
using your current comm program, which still lets you have file transfer,
which Meshungena sorely lacks. However, I'd give up JR-Comm anyday for an
ethernet board and Commodore's TCP/IP software...

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

paul@wa1omm.UUCP (Paul MacDonald) (11/15/90)

>In article <1990Nov6.024157.14315@utstat.uucp> davids@utstat.uucp (David Scollnik) writes:
>

>Recently someone posted an article concerning a PD / Shareware Comm
>program called Meshugena ( sp ? ). Apparently one of its useful features
>is that it allows the use of multiple login windows.

Well, sort of. It allows you to have two sessions on a VAX with one
connection (modem, LAT and so on) provided the host is running the
dual-session software. (I don't recall the name of the VMS software.)
--

                                /\  /\
                               //\\//\\

paul@wa1omm.UUCP (Paul MacDonald) (11/15/90)

>In article <1990Nov6.024157.14315@utstat.uucp> davids@utstat.uucp (David Scollnik) writes:
>

>Recently someone posted an article concerning a PD / Shareware Comm
>program called Meshugena ( sp ? ). Apparently one of its useful features
>is that it allows the use of multiple login windows.

Oh, by the way, Meshugena is not blessed with any file
transfer protocol that functions in its dual-session configuration.
--

                                /\  /\
                               //\\//\\
            | From the shack of WA1OMM -- Paul MacDonald |
            | Using the power of the multitasking Amiga! |
            | Compuserve: 70411,626   PLink:  UPPERCRUST |
            | Amateur Packet Radio:   WA1OMM@KB4N.NH.USA |
            | Usenet:      ...virgin!ubbs-nh!wa1omm!paul |

What does Meshugena mean? It sounds deraugatory. (I know it's jewish)

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,