[comp.sys.amiga] Battery Backed Clock not found

dc@dcpc.UUCP (Don Curtis) (08/10/89)

>> Ferrari Formula I to run off of my hard disk) and the machine had just
>> trashed itself and crashed (real interesting: patterns streaming
>> across the screen, the control LEDs on my modem went wild, etc).  I
>> ctrl-A-A'ed the beast and it came up complaining about its clock.  I
>> tried "setclock reset" but it, too, just complained about "clock not
>> found".  And there I sit.

>Last night the same thing occured on my Amiga 500 while running with MachII
>(V2.5)  in the background and trying to run the setup program for TagBBS
>(1.03 I think).  I had the same display of junk on my screen and modem, when
>I ctrl-A-A'ed, I too saw this Battery Backed Up Clock Not Found.  I was
>hoping it would clear it self up by tonight (I haven't been home yet).
>I am interested in the problem, just wanted to tell you it wasn't any type
>of copy protection.  Does anybody know the solution.  If it helps my Amiga
>is only two months old.

	Get a copy of the v1.2 version of SetClock and use the reset option

	SetClock RESET

	That should cure your problem.

--
/*
**	 		Don Curtis   ....boulder!tcr!dcpc!dc

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (11/15/90)

I know you all have heard this before, but...

during my startup-sequence it is saying "Battery Backed Clock not found"

WHAT DO I DO? It was there a few days ago...

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (11/18/90)

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) writes:
>during my startup-sequence it is saying "Battery Backed Clock not found"
>WHAT DO I DO? It was there a few days ago...

I had the same thing just happen, and what you do (at least one of the
things you *can* do) is to get a copy of the "setclock" program from a
1.2 Workbench disk, and run it.  Resets the clock just fine, just like
"setclock reset" SHOULD do, IMHO.
--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us