[comp.sys.amiga] lhwarp

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (12/31/89)

In Message <7142@shlump.nac.dec.com>, j_parsons@csc32.enet.dec.com (Jack Parsons) writes:

>Has anyone actually got the version of Lhwarp available on xanth to work for
>reading? Whenever I try to read a disk with the syntax given in the .readme I
>get a whole screen filled with the word 'DOS' and then a lovely 'task held'
>requestor followed by a guru.

 I havent tried the copy from xanth, but I have used the version from BERKS
 AMIGA BBS several times with no problem. My stack is set at 12000, you may
 want to check yours. As for the screen of 'DOS' words, LHarc displays the
 boot block sector of each disk it archives. This is so you can check for a
 virus.

 Sneakers

--
                                      ___
     Dan "Sneakers" Schein           ////            BERKS AMIGA BBS

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/18/90)

Forget LHWarp! SDS, makers of WARP, have now released DMS, the replacement
for WARP. It's better in every way. I can't upload it from BITNET, but look for
it at your fave FTP site as DMS100.EXE. I tested it on a disk that WARPed
to 433K. When DMSed, it was 311K. That tell ya enough?
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

olson@uhunix2.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Todd "Toad" Olson) (11/18/90)

In article <36650@nigel.ee.udel.edu> fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>Forget LHWarp! SDS, makers of WARP, have now released DMS, the replacement
>for WARP. It's better in every way. I can't upload it from BITNET, but look for
>it at your fave FTP site as DMS100.EXE. I tested it on a disk that WARPed
  			     ^^^^^^^^^^
	Look for the DMS101.EXE file, it fixes some bugs.  It is at
	UHCCUX.UHCC.HAWAII.EDU

					Todd

--
 olson@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu | "When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant
                              | I could hardly stand to be around him. When I
    CS student, Adventurer    | was twenty-one, I was amazed at how much the
   Paraphrased from House II  | old man had learned in seven years." - M. Twain

gates@acsu.buffalo.edu (David Gates) (11/19/90)

Oh!!!!  I don't want the lhwarp for me to compress things.  I need it
	because I have a file that has ben compressed with lhwarp!

---DAve---