[comp.sys.amiga] PIPEing from ser:

proff@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Frederick Solidus) (11/16/90)

I know the 1.3.2 PIPE: device overflows if asked to preform something like
downloading a 10k+ plus file to pipe: as one "lharc x pipe:"'s but does
the dpipe: device on dnet have this problem?

Proff

phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au (Phil Kernick) (11/19/90)

proff@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Frederick Solidus) writes:

>I know the 1.3.2 PIPE: device overflows if asked to preform something like
>downloading a 10k+ plus file to pipe: as one "lharc x pipe:"'s but does
>the dpipe: device on dnet have this problem?

What *exactly* do you mean by "overflows"?

If you mean that your command seems to hang when you type it, it means that
the pipe: internal buffer is full.  This buffer is 4k long (it says so in
the 1.3 docs).

Try the following:

1> newcli
1> copy fubar.lzh pipe:l.lzh

[ swap window ]

2> lharc x pipe:l

Disclamier:  I have not tried this but it should work.  The problem may be
that lharc expects a .lzh suffix?

Hope this helps,
Phil

--
Phil Kernick                            EMail:  phil@adam.adelaide.edu.au
Departmental Engineer                   Phone:  +618 228 5914