[comp.sys.amiga] PIRATING MESSAGES!! CONTAINS DISTURBING INFORMATION! IMPORTANT!!!

A0NJ@unb.ca (Greg Patterson) (11/02/90)

I received a VERY VERY VERY disturbing message four times today from
amiga-relay-request@udel.edu or re-routed through them or around them
or something of the sort (I can't tell who it's coming from) containing
subject material pertaining to an FTP site that contains pirate software
and from this guy who is looking to form a group of all things!!!!

SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE ABOUT THIS.  WHAT CAN I DO?

I recently joined amiga-relay about 3-4 days ago and this is how I
figure my address/me have been plagued with these messages.

Herein contains the exact message as I received it with an address on
my screen as: MAILER@UNB.  Now, this address is from our IBM and it
appears to have been host-routed or something to our machine to be
dropped off to me.  Examing the "From:" that follows shows a few
complaints about the address...

This addressing information is beyond me as I can't seem to decode where
t's coming from.  Hopefully someone else can so this can be delt with!!

======================== starting of the message =======================
Newsgroups: control,comp.sys.amiga.software.pirate.ctl
Subject: rmgroup comp.sys.amiga.software.pirate
Date:   Wed, 31 Oct 90 02:27:50 EST
Control: rmgroup comp.sys.amiga.software.pirate
To:     amiga-relay@udel.edu
Sender: amiga-relay-request@udel.edu

Greetingz from the Mega-Mighty ASS!
I have created this newsgroup for elyte traderz like myself
to discuss the newest warez and where to get them.  I know
there are others like me out there so lets have some support!

--
The Mega-Mighty ASS!  (njg2@cwns.ins.cwru.edu)                 //
Check out my new pirate ftp site at 129.22.246.2!!  /|     \\ //

NOTE: I added the ^^^^^^ for hiliting purposes.

Greg Patterson
BITNET: A0NJ@UNB.CA
University of New Brunswick, Canada

willr@ntpdvp1.UUCP (Will Raymond) (11/20/90)

Considering the FBI ( can you believe it ) with the help of Lotus and others
just pulled off a sting for pirated IBM software I would be very wary of
any replies sent to this pirate site.
                         ^^^^^^

Enforcement agencies have shown a great lack of talent in dealing with
pirates and have been reduced to entrapping foolish computer users.  Pirating
stinks and people who deal in it deserve to get zapped...the only problem is
if this is a sting, even an innocuous flame  might get your name on a list,
and you don't want that.

Will