[comp.sys.amiga] Need a program to make ANIMs

davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) (11/15/90)

Does anybody know of a (freely distributable) program that makes ANIM
files from individual ILBM files?  I've got MakeANIM, but it doesn't work
on my 3000 (under 2.02 or 1.3).  Thanks.

--
Dave Schreiber                                    davids@slugmail.ucsc.edu
                                or (but not both) davids@ucscb.ucsc.edu

In article <8941@darkstar.ucsc.edu> davids@ucscf.UCSC.EDU (Dave Schreiber) writes:

>Does anybody know of a (freely distributable) program that makes ANIM
>files from individual ILBM files?  I've got MakeANIM, but it doesn't work
>on my 3000 (under 2.02 or 1.3).  Thanks.

Well, after more experimentation, I've found that MakeANIM does work on
the 3000;  the problem was that there is something strange with the ILBMs
(ExpressPaint loaded them without a problem, which is why I suspected
MakeANIM, but I found the same problem (screen garbage) popping up when I
tried Show and ViewILBM;  Display and SuperView refused to even display
them).  In case you're wondering, the ILBMs were generated by MandAnim
(on Fish disk #387).

--
Dave Schreiber                                    davids@slugmail.ucsc.edu
                                or (but not both) davids@ucscb.ucsc.edu
"It was fun learning about logic, but I don't see where or when I will ever
use it again."

IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) (11/20/90)

The problem I belive is with the NTSC version of MandAnim.
It correctly generates a lo-res non-interlaced bitmap for
the ILBM file, but the IFF will have the page size and
bitmaty size set to 256 rows instead of ^200.  SImply
changing the 4 bytes to their correct valuse will fix the
problem with the IFF's.

PS.  I have made some very nice animations using MandAnim
and MakeAnim after writing a small ARexx script to correct the
ManAnim files.

Ian Smith <ims103@psuvm.bitnet>