[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for FTP sites

dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (11/21/90)

  I have yet to find info on how to access ftp sites or on how to find pd
software. I tried the FTP command but kept getting UNKNOWN HOST errors.

  Second, I would like to know how to access file requestors or other file
commands through the Libraries, for use in BASIC. I would like to know if
a BASIC compiler exiests that supports the disk drives (other than the DIR
command).

  Third, does anyone out there represent MAST (of Nevada) or Amiga World? I
need some technical info that all other sources can't provide. I submitted
a program to AmigaWorld and would like to know if they got it yet.

  Fourth, what does it mean when a SCSI device can handle 8 hard drives? Do
they each have to have their own casings or can one case hold more than one
drive (I heard the XETEC can hold more than one drive). I have a 500, and
have only used up the internal expansion slot so far. I heard that some
drives access the expansion bus and some use the parallel port (like Tiny
Tiger).
David Tiberio    SUNY Stony Brook 2-3605    AMIGA  Toto Productions  DDD Men

dsherif@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (Darin D Sheriff) (11/21/90)

In article <1990Nov20.211450.28847@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@csserv2.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:
>  I have yet to find info on how to access ftp sites or on how to find pd
>software. I tried the FTP command but kept getting UNKNOWN HOST errors.

I have the same problem too.  I have not been successfull in accessing any
FTP sites.  I get the same errors.  Can any Net God enlighten this poor
neophyte?

--
           Darin Sheriff.  Just a College student with an Amiga.
"According to the classical laws of Aerodynamics, it is impossible for a