[comp.sys.amiga] CQ CQ CQ Amateur Radio Software

paulz@hpspdra.HP.COM (Paul Zander) (11/15/90)

I am looking for Amateur Radio related software for the Amiga.  Time
was that the C64 was the most popular computer with hams, but except
for those doing TV, many of them took a "wrong turn" when they bought
a newer machine.  As a result, most of the popular programs run under
"messy dos."  Does any one know of some *really good* programs for the
following subjects?

ANTENNA DESIGN:  Especially something similar in capability to Mininec
or Yagi Optimizer.

LOGGING:  Configurable for specific contests, keeps track of contacts
for awards like Worked All States and DXCC.

PROPAGATION FORCASTING:  There was a useful program for this on the
C64.  It used sunspot numbers to predict usable frequencies.

PACKET RADIO OPERATING:  It irks me everytime I read an ad for model
XYZ packet interface which comes with software for computer type "I",
and type "M", but not Amiga.

de Paul AA6PZ

disclaimer:  My interest in the Amiga is purely personal, and has no
relation to activities at other divisions of my employer.

dweaver@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Justin Deeley) (11/21/90)

In <13570028@hpspdra.HP.COM> paulz@hpspdra.HP.COM (Paul Zander) writes:

>I am looking for Amateur Radio related software for the Amiga.  Time
>was that the C64 was the most popular computer with hams, but except
>for those doing TV, many of them took a "wrong turn" when they bought
>a newer machine.  As a result, most of the popular programs run under
>"messy dos."  Does any one know of some *really good* programs for the
>following subjects?

>ANTENNA DESIGN:  Especially something similar in capability to Mininec
>or Yagi Optimizer.

>LOGGING:  Configurable for specific contests, keeps track of contacts
>for awards like Worked All States and DXCC.

>PROPAGATION FORCASTING:  There was a useful program for this on the
>C64.  It used sunspot numbers to predict usable frequencies.

>PACKET RADIO OPERATING:  It irks me everytime I read an ad for model
>XYZ packet interface which comes with software for computer type "I",
>and type "M", but not Amiga.

	My dad being a radio amateur and all (VK3TGF) I'll try and be the best  help I can.  As far as design and propagation programs go I can't help you.    WWith logging, why not do as my dad did and write yourself a simple little basic routine, and as far as packet communications go, Access 1.4 is the way to go, or at least so i have it on good authority.  Other than that, I'm sorry but i can't help you no more...

Justin Deeley