[comp.sys.amiga] Speculation...

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (11/22/90)

Ken Farinsky - CATS <ken@cbmvax.commodore.com> writes:
[concerning 2.0 for A500]

> Please don't speculate about these issues.  When a decision is made,
> it will be released through the appropriate channels.  The rumors
> only hurt the Amiga market.  Please be patient.

Don't speculate!?!  That would take all the fun out of this group (well,
there's always Marc bashing, but that's getting old...)   8-)

Seriously, it's hard to really expect A500 owners to sit by quietly
without getting just a bit anxious about running 2.0.  To them, I'd
suggest that they consider CBM's track record on cost of upgrading their
OS.  I'm one of the ones that started out with WB/KS 1.0 (That's right,
one-point-ZERO) and have upgraded to 1.1 (free!), 1.2, and 1.3.  While
the upgrades to 1.2 and 1.3 were not free, they were certainly
reasonably priced considering that each upgrade contained three disks
and a manual.

From this past record, I'm willing to trust that CBM will make the
latest upgrades available when the time is right.  And I'll bet that the
price will be reasonable for what you get.

Of course, there will always be a few net-complainers that will moan
about not getting everything for free, but then that's the cross we have
to bear for owning a price-competitive machine.

   --- Cal
           ____
 HOBBIT   / / /  340 Meg Online
  HOLE   / / /  12/24/9600HST bps                   AMIGA:
  ____  / / /  Exclusively   Amiga
  \ \ \/ / /  "Best Amiga BBS in FL"    The computer for the BEST of us!
   \ \ \/ /  July, 1989 Final List(tm)
    \_\_\/  A comfortable place to meet
  NW Florida's first Amiga BBS running on NW Florida's FIRST AMIGA!
  A1000, no EHB, good PALs, WB 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3.