[comp.sys.amiga] DR2D?

Robert.Wood@samba.acs.unc.edu (Robert Wood) (11/21/90)

    Around a month or so ago, I seem to recall someone mentioning a new
IFF FORM for object based graphics (I believe it was called DR2D).  I
think the post said that some information would be included in some mailing
distribution or something like that (gee, is it too obvious that I don't know
crap about Usenet? :-).  I have since lost any record of that post (and a
good deal of my sanity as well).

   Would some kind person out there please tell me how to find this information
if it has been released yet?  The only IFF data I have is one of the origional
IFF development disks (off one of the early Fish Disks).  For that matter, how
could I get any more info on the other extensions added since EAIFF-85?

    With any luck, I should FINALLY get an Amiga in the near future...It would
be handy to be able to handle some graphics for my (hopefully) soon-to-be
employer with a reasonably device-independent file format (please don't make
me resort to.......Amiga PICT!!! ARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!).

     Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Robert (fatguy) Wood
(email) Robert.Wood@bbs.acs.unc.edu

"22 days and I AM OUTTA HERE!... No longer a student.. just unemployed..." -ME

johno@cbmvax.commodore.com (John Orr - CATS) (11/22/90)

In article <1696@beguine.UUCP> Robert.Wood@samba.acs.unc.edu (Robert Wood) writes:

[...]

> Would some kind person out there please tell me how to find this
> information if it has been released yet?

The DR2D spec is not ready to go yet, but if all goes well, the DR2D
spec will be published in the next issue of Amiga Mail (Nov/Dec 1990).

> The only IFF data I have is
> one of the origional IFF development disks (off one of the early Fish
> Disks).  For that matter, how could I get any more info on the other
> extensions added since EAIFF-85?

The November 1988 IFF disk is on fish 185.

--John