[comp.sys.amiga] 2.0 and the A500 -- Summary.

MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu (11/20/90)

I got lots of responses... and here's the answers.

1. Commodore has said nothing OFFICIALLY about whether 2.0 will be
shipped with A500's when it is finally released. Unofficially they
maintain that 2.0 is the future of the Amiga and (I infer) will
be included with all Amiga models in future.

2. If 2.0 DOES cost ^$200, that would be including the new Enhanced
Chip Set Denise and Agnes (worth $200 just by themselves.) I hadn't
thought of 2.0 as including those two, but it would be logical.
Hey, my check will be in the mail the moment 2.0 is released! :)

So thanks to all who firmly corrected my misapprehensions!

/Mark "Remixed for Common Household Appliances" Sachs - MBS110@psuvm.psu.edu\
|DISCLAIMER? You've GOT to be kidding, right?           ||   // AMIGA   ||  |
|   "Haven't they heard we won the war?                 || \X/  Power   ||  |
\== "What do they keep on fighting for?" -- B. Joel, LENINGRAD =============/

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury, SysAdmin) (11/22/90)

[...deleted]
> 2. If 2.0 DOES cost ^$200, that would be including the new Enhanced
> Chip Set Denise and Agnes (worth $200 just by themselves.) I hadn't
> thought of 2.0 as including those two, but it would be logical.
> Hey, my check will be in the mail the moment 2.0 is released! :)

This doesn't make sense.  Since the Agnes's have already been on the market
for quite a while and tons of people have them in thier 2000's and 500's (I
do), I would expect the 2.0 upgrade to include only the Denise and the 2.0
ROM as well as the Workbench disks for <$200.

-- Bob

______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854