[comp.sys.amiga] GIF2IFF?

v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) (11/20/90)

 Scuze me for asking... but does anyone know of a program to convert
GIF format to IFF format? While I'm here... how about a uuencode/uudecode
for the Amiga?

EMAIL Please... v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu

    Thanx,    Jeff.

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/21/90)

v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) writes:

>  Scuze me for asking... but does anyone know of a program to convert
> GIF format to IFF format? While I'm here... how about a uuencode/uudecode
> for the Amiga?
>
> EMAIL Please... v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu
>
>     Thanx,    Jeff.

Try The Art Departmen by ASDG (commercial), HamSharp, GIF2IFF, and
others. The last two are either PD or shareware.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68030 chip." -Computer Shopper

dweaver@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Justin Deeley) (11/22/90)

In <46982@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v089pfrb@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Jeffrey C Murphy) writes:

> Scuze me for asking... but does anyone know of a program to convert
>GIF format to IFF format? While I'm here... how about a uuencode/uudecode
>for the Amiga?

	Yes, there is a program floating around called gif2iff as well as one   called iff2gif and tiff2iff.  As their names suggest they convert the first     named to the second.  There is als a program for the IBM ("is that amiga compatible?") called "Graphic Workshop" (GWS) that is capable of converting images to and from most popular formats on most popular computers (Amiga/IBM/Mac).  Hope that this is of some use.

Justin Deeley