[comp.sys.amiga] Hello 'Mericuns

pondscum@zooid.UUCP (Lima Bone) (11/16/90)

 I wanna buy an Amiga 2000 in the new year. I also wanna avoid the GST and
hopefully take advantage of the fact the United States is right next door.
Are computers alot cheaper in, say New York or Michigan than Ontario? Is the
price difference worth an hour and a half drive?? I want to grab an Amiga
2000 as soon as I can (new) so I want to find the best price as soon as
possible.

 Thanks.

 Lima Bone (John Rankine)

In <yBTPs1w163w@zooid.UUCP>, pondscum@zooid.UUCP (Lima Bone) writes:
> I wanna buy an Amiga 2000 in the new year. I also wanna avoid the GST and
>hopefully take advantage of the fact the United States is right next door.
>Are computers alot cheaper in, say New York or Michigan than Ontario? Is the
>price difference worth an hour and a half drive?? I want to grab an Amiga
>2000 as soon as I can (new) so I want to find the best price as soon as
>possible.

Unless you are going to smuggle it across, which I would not recommend, you
will not avoid the GST.  The customs folks will be collectng it.  All is not
lost, however, since paying GST (7%) will cost you less than paying, as you
will before the end of the year, 13.5% Federal Sales Tax.

-larry

--
The only things to survive a nuclear war will be cockroaches and IBM PCs.