[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga -> S-VHS

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (11/21/90)

"Dallas J. Hodgson" <djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com> writes:

> Consider this a cheat, but I've got my A-1000 hooked up to our Sony
> S-VHS TV thru the S-VHS jack by connecting it to the composite in of a
> RCA S-VHS VCR, and from the VCR's S-VHS out to the TV's in.

Couldn't you use the separate Chroma and Luma outputs from the 8 pin DIN
or the Amiga 1000 to drive S-VHS?  That should be better than going
through the additional deck.

   --- Cal

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/23/90)

The C Ltd. C-View (now made by another Kansas company--it's still available)
that has separated Chroma & Luminance outputs will work pretty darn well
with S-VHS equipment. Not as nice as the RGB connection, but not bad at
all, and it about $50.
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet