[comp.sys.amiga] What is current VirusX?

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) (11/22/90)

A local BBS has VirusX 5.0 which, according to the sysop, came from a
recent jumpdisk.  I don't remember seeing it come accross the net and
seem to remember 4.1 being the most recent version.

I don't have access to any of the networks SteveX gives an email address
for, so could some kind soul please tell me the most recent version of
VirusX.

--
-Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)

walt@bcarh133.uucp (Walt Sullivan) (11/22/90)

In article <11510@milton.u.washington.edu> dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:

   A local BBS has VirusX 5.0 which, according to the sysop, came from a
   recent jumpdisk.  I don't remember seeing it come accross the net and
   seem to remember 4.1 being the most recent version.

   I don't have access to any of the networks SteveX gives an email address
   for, so could some kind soul please tell me the most recent version of
   VirusX.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, as is SteveX. His BBS has a warning that VirusX5.0 is
bogus, and should NOT be used. The latest official VirusX is 4.1, a trivial
bug fix (not referencing location 0, I think), and was released without
source.

--
Walt Sullivan
9D35 Carling

lcline@sequent.com (Larry Cline) (11/22/90)

In article <11510@milton.u.washington.edu> dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:

   A local BBS has VirusX 5.0 which, according to the sysop, came from a
   recent jumpdisk.  I don't remember seeing it come accross the net and
   seem to remember 4.1 being the most recent version.

   I don't have access to any of the networks SteveX gives an email address
   for, so could some kind soul please tell me the most recent version of
   VirusX.

   --
   -Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)

According to PeopleLink last night the current version of VirusX is 4.01.
Steve always posts to specific services and no others and he recommends
that you only get them from trusted sources.

Larry
--

Larry Cline
lcline@sequent.sequent.com

".sig!  Contractors don't need no stinkin' .sig!!!"

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (11/22/90)

The latest legit version of Steve Tibbett's VirusX is 4.01. Any copy
of the program which displays a version number higher than that is
not a Steve Tibbett product.

Harv Laser                                      {anywhere}!crash!hrlaser
"Park and lock it.  Not responsible."           People/Link: CBM*HARV

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/23/90)

dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu (Dale Larson) writes:

> A local BBS has VirusX 5.0 which, according to the sysop, came from a
> recent jumpdisk.  I don't remember seeing it come accross the net and
> seem to remember 4.1 being the most recent version.
>
> I don't have access to any of the networks SteveX gives an email address
> for, so could some kind soul please tell me the most recent version of
> VirusX.
>

> --
> -Dale Larson  (dlarson@blake.u.washington.edu)

Latest VirusX (legally) is 4.01.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68030 chip." -Computer Shopper

fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (11/23/90)

The ONLY current VirusX is version 4.1. The "5.0" version is a virus or
Trojan Horse itself and should be avoided at ALL COST!
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet