[comp.sys.amiga] Battery backed clock forgets time in A2000.

abrown@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM (Allen Brown) (11/21/90)

[ I am embarrassed.  I know there were some postings related to this.
  I don't know what the result was. ]

My battery backed clock forgets the time whenever I turn the power
off.  I figured the battery was worn down.  So this morning I looked
and discovered that the battery is a NiCad.  So it is unlikely to be
worn down.  Are there other possibilities?  What should I check.
--
  Allen Brown  abrown@cv.hp.com or abrown%hpcvca@hplabs.hp.com
	    or hplabs!hpcvca!abrown or "Hey you!"

d88-skl@dront.nada.kth.se (Stellan Klebom) (11/25/90)

In article <5660080@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM> abrown@hpcvca.CV.HP.COM (Allen Brown) writes:
>[ I am embarrassed.  I know there were some postings related to this.
>  I don't know what the result was. ]
>
>My battery backed clock forgets the time whenever I turn the power
>off.  I figured the battery was worn down.  So this morning I looked
>and discovered that the battery is a NiCad.  So it is unlikely to be
>worn down.  Are there other possibilities?  What should I check.
>--
>  Allen Brown  abrown@cv.hp.com or abrown%hpcvca@hplabs.hp.com
>	    or hplabs!hpcvca!abrown or "Hey you!"
>  Not representing my employer.
>  "No matter where you go... there you are." --- Buckaroo Bonzai

It is not so strange that one might think, that a NiCad battery stops working.
The way it it is used, constantly getting just partly discharged and recharged,
isn't so very good for cell. So try to replace the cell with dry-cells and see
if it works. If it doesn't get a new NiCad cell.

        Stellan