[comp.sys.amiga] bogus newgroups

pcooper%luke.eecs.WSU.EDU%cs2.cs.WSU.EDU@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Phil Cooper - CS495) (11/22/90)

   Just a short note...It seems someone has jumped the gun once again and
created new comp.sys.amiga.* groups.  My site received newgroup messages
for .multimedia .graphics and .unix today.  Since we have not even voted yet,
I assume these are bogus.

In article <36988@nigel.ee.udel.edu> pcooper%luke.eecs.WSU.EDU%cs2.cs.WSU.EDU@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu (Phil Cooper - CS495) writes:

>   Just a short note...It seems someone has jumped the gun once again and
>created new comp.sys.amiga.* groups.  My site received newgroup messages
>for .multimedia .graphics and .unix today.  Since we have not even voted yet,
>I assume these are bogus.

Sigh.  Yes, they're bogus. The vote posting is going to the
news.announce.newgroups moderator today and if all goes well will be
posted Monday. The earliest possible date for legitimate newgroup
messages is right about Christmas.

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, ongoing comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.