[comp.sys.amiga] requester from shell script?

jwz@lucid.com (Jamie Zawinski) (11/25/90)

I have a program called "Rask" which lets you ask a yes/no question from a
shell script (the answer is returned in the exit code, and you can change the
strings used for yes and no).  But what I would really like is something like
this that lets me pop up a requester with more than two buttons (like
xmessage does under X).

Anyone?  Anyone?  Please respond by email.

		-- Jamie <jwz@lucid.com>

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/26/90)

jwz@lucid.com (Jamie Zawinski) writes:

> I have a program called "Rask" which lets you ask a yes/no question from a
> shell script (the answer is returned in the exit code, and you can change the
> strings used for yes and no).  But what I would really like is something like
> this that lets me pop up a requester with more than two buttons (like
> xmessage does under X).
>
> Anyone?  Anyone?  Please respond by email.
>
> 		-- Jamie <jwz@lucid.com>

There's a program on one of the Fish disks around 242 or something like
that by John Potter that does that. There was a program in the last Amiga
Resource that would let you have lots of gadgets using arp.library.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68030 chip." -Computer Shopper