[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaVision fears.... addressed

91_bickingd@GAR.UNION.EDU ("Bicking, David") (11/28/90)

>From: DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff)
>Subject: Re: Ease of Amiga Vision (Review, sort of...)
>Date: 25 Nov 90 23:29:07 GMT

>     When people are asking to be able to compile AmigaVision modules, I
>see their point.  What if I design an application with AV that I wish to
>distribute to the general public (say, perhaps, a geography quiz program
>that combines digitized speech, graphics, and a database).  I can do this
>only so long as the general populace has AmigaVision, which (for reasons
>already posted) is not the case.

	Perhaps that is why C= is shipping all new Amiga computers WITH
AmigaVision.

>     Is there any way to have AmigaVision generate a SCRIPT that will just
>call the appropriate sound/graphics/video/dbase files as long as those
>files are present in the same directory or can be located.  This would make
>distribution of the finished product far easier.  As it is now, I forsee
>people sending copies of AmigaVision with their application (ILLEGAL copies!)
>just so their clients/the end users can even USE the application.

	This is a good point.  However, consider this:  How is the "end user"
going to run these wiz-bang applications/tutorials etc. if the dang thing uses
input from a LASER DISK?  Remember, the LD has to be present and available for
the application to use it.  Unless, the application actually saves the video on
disk for future reference, which I doubt, since it would take magabytes of
memory.

>     This is a dangerous situation that could inhibit the production of
>excellent products on an otherwise wonderful authoring program!

Possible, but if C= continues shipping all amigas with AmigaVision, and offeres
the package to the rest of us at a reasonable price, I think C= might succeed
and survive.
	Perhaps a compiler should be developed for use with apps that do not
require LD input.  Still, the .exe would be huge!

--
Dave Bicking         	       Single Tasking????? Just say NO!!!!