[comp.sys.amiga] ATF_Agility

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) (11/20/90)

     Could whoever put up the latest Eric-Schwartz Animation please check it
and/or repost it in a more palatable format. I have DL'ed the file TWICE and I
get the same error from LHWARP - "Couldn't Allocate trackdisk.device memory
device buffer."

  Now I have 2.5M and my stack is at 200K. LHwarp also reports "Track 0 fails
CRC" And follows to print out the bootblock, which is filled with DOS's.
I invoked lhwarp with "lhwarp write 0 df1:ATF_Agility"

  I have used lhwarp and DL from abcfd20 regularly so I am concluding that the
file is corrupt. Please do not deprive us of our Eric Schwartz!! :-)

--
 adam hill
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu                        Make Up Your Own Mind.. AMIGA!

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (11/20/90)

In article <1990Nov20.033906.18356@evax.arl.utexas.edu>, hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Adam Hill) writes:
>      Could whoever put up the latest Eric-Schwartz Animation please check it
> and/or repost it in a more palatable format. I have DL'ed the file TWICE and I
> get the same error from LHWARP - "Couldn't Allocate trackdisk.device memory
> device buffer."

	I blew it during the upload.  The file has been replaced and it should
be correct this time.  I can't really check it from here so if anyone has any
more troubles, let me know.  Enjoy!

Earle
             ____ ____    ___
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2@dayton.saic.com             uucp: dayvb!fac2

EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart 215 354 7610 Everhart%Arisia.dnet.ge.com) (11/27/90)

I too noticed the strange filenames on the ATF_Agility.lhw disk. It turns
out however that running DISKSALV on the disk will recover all the files
in a form that can be used and seen. I couldn't get the color animation
to run (on either the original disk or the salv'd one) on a 3.5MB A1000
but the B&W one ran fine.
   One thing of interest: how'd the directories in there get hidden like
that???
Glenn Everhart

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (11/29/90)

In article <37355@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart 215 354 7610 Everhart%Arisia.dnet.ge.com) writes:
> I too noticed the strange filenames on the ATF_Agility.lhw disk. It turns
> out however that running DISKSALV on the disk will recover all the files
> in a form that can be used and seen. I couldn't get the color animation
> to run (on either the original disk or the salv'd one) on a 3.5MB A1000
> but the B&W one ran fine.

	I had trouble even running the B&W version on a 2MB 1000.  I think
the animations are a hog for chip memory.

>    One thing of interest: how'd the directories in there get hidden like
> that???

	Am not sure.  That is how I got the disk from Eric.  He is away at
school so I haven't had a chance to talk with him and ask him about it.