[comp.sys.amiga] Globe Object \

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury, SysAdmin) (11/27/90)

I am looking either for a 3D globe object with continents or a fully rendered
3D globe spinning.  I've seen the demo of the globe where you can change the
rotational axis and that is not what I am looking for.  I am looking for a
very good looking globe with green continents and a blue ocean if I can find
it.

If someone has the object or even the rendered anim, please drop me a line.
Since this may be used in a project, there may be some compensation in it for
the author of either of the above.

If I can't find the above, does anyone know how I can snap a flat bunch of
Continent objects to a sphere?  I've tried in Sculpt 4D but without any luck.
I have all the continents as a single object extruded but flat.   What I need
now is to bend them around a globe or sphere type object.  We want the
continents to have some depth.

Email address is in my signature.

-- Bob
______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
_________                                                          ___________
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854

owen@Autodesk.COM (Owen Rowley) (11/28/90)

In article <5904@crash.cts.com>, bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (Bob Lindabury, SysAdmin) writes:
> I am looking for a
> very good looking globe with green continents and a blue ocean if I can find
> it.
> If someone has the object or even the rendered anim, please drop me a line.
> Since this may be used in a project, there may be some compensation in it for
> the author of either of the above.

Kara has just put out a package of animated starfields.
included is an animbrush of the spinning globe.
It is an excelent package... For the price ( under 50$ ) you couldn't
reproduce the work yourself!..
Its not a 3d object  but p[erhaps it will suit your need.

LUX .. owen

--
 Owen Rowley  {uunet,pyramid,sun}!autodesk!owen
 GWM, 6', 200, red/blue,      B2, p,f,t,m,w+,d+,s+,k+,a=

R_Michael_Medwid@cup.portal.com (11/29/90)

There is a Sculpt 4D animator, Tony Dispoto, who teaches classes at Amy Expo
and who'd worked closely w/ byte by byte.  He created a globe, a sculpt
4D object file that is sold alone.  I saw it some months back at the local
Amiga store, HT Electronics in Sunnyvale CA  408-737-0900.  Give them a
call.  I think it was about $30.00.  Else you may want to call byte by
byte in dallas and ask them if they still work with Tony.