[comp.sys.amiga] Halp! Can't delete a file

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (11/16/90)

(System: A2000, GVP II, 40Mb Quantum, 5Mb ram, 1.2 rom, 1.3 WB)

It's called "@ilmham.22".  It shows up under dir, ls and list, with
a filelenth of 0, but rm and delete both give:

Object not found: @ILMHAM.22

Pointers to programs to fix this would be received with great thanks.
I promise to buy a book about Amiga disk drives and filesystems asap..
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120

jax@well.sf.ca.us (Jack J. Woehr) (11/17/90)

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

>It's called "@ilmham.22".  It shows up under dir, ls and list, with
>a filelenth of 0, but rm and delete both give:

	1> DELETE #?ilmham.22

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/19/90)

jax@well.sf.ca.us (Jack J. Woehr) writes:

> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>
> >It's called "@ilmham.22".  It shows up under dir, ls and list, with
> >a filelenth of 0, but rm and delete both give:
>
> 	1> DELETE #?ilmham.22

Use a utility like SID or ClickDOS II for this. The way that they work,
I can almost guarantee that they'll do the job.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68030 chip." -Computer Shopper

Eric.Sanders@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Eric Sanders) (11/30/90)

AREA:UUCP_AMIGA
Try using a program like Directory Master or SID.  These have worked in
the past for me in situations like you described.

AFIT Amiga Users BBS/UFGateway |Eric Sanders - via FidoNet node 1:110/300
    1:110/300 Dayton, Ohio     |UUCP: afitamy!210!Eric.Sanders
        (513)-252-7681         |ARPA: Eric.Sanders@f210.n110.z1.FIDONET.ORG