[comp.sys.amiga] INFO Mag

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (11/18/90)

Reading the "Rumor Mill" in the latest INFO magazine, I notice that they
seem to think that AMIX will be out RSN.  They refere to it as AMIX
several times.  Given that a REAL port of SVR4 would cost a fair bit,
isn't it less than amusing to have them still refer to it as AMIX?

Nice to know they're accurate and up to date.

=     plummerd@uregina.ca or plumme@hercules.uregina.ca (BITNET)      =
=---------------------------------------------------------------------=
= Amiga__                     | Make it possible for programmer's to  =
= __  ///  IBMUBMWEALLBM4IBM  | write code in English and you'll soon =
= \\\///                      | discover that programmers cannot      =
=  \XX/                       | write in English.                     =

David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!herald!weyr!70!David.Plummer
Domain: David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
Standard Disclaimers Apply...

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/21/90)

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) writes:

> Reading the "Rumor Mill" in the latest INFO magazine, I notice that they
> seem to think that AMIX will be out RSN.  They refere to it as AMIX
> several times.  Given that a REAL port of SVR4 would cost a fair bit,
> isn't it less than amusing to have them still refer to it as AMIX?

Ahem. It is not AMIX. AMIX was the old version. It's now _real_ UNIX.
When refering to it you call it "Amiga UNIX SysV.4". It is officially
recognized by AT&T as UNIX. Anyway, you get more useful and up-to-date
info off the net. And Info is not up to date. Amazing Computing and
AmigaWhirled [And JumpDisk] are all faster than .info, from what I've
seen from them.

> Nice to know they're accurate and up to date.

> =     plummerd@uregina.ca or plumme@hercules.uregina.ca (BITNET)      =

> David Plummer - via FidoNet node 1:140/22

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68030 chip." -Computer Shopper

David.Plummer@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (David Plummer) (11/30/90)

JP> > Reading the "Rumor Mill" in the latest INFO magazine, I notice that t
JP> > seem to think that AMIX will be out RSN.  They refere to it as AMIX
JP> > several times.  Given that a REAL port of SVR4 would cost a fair bit,
JP> > isn't it less than amusing to have them still refer to it as AMIX?
JP>
JP> Ahem. It is not AMIX. AMIX was the old version. It's now _real_ UNIX.
JP> When refering to it you call it "Amiga UNIX SysV.4". It is officially
JP> recognized by AT&T as UNIX. Anyway, you get more useful and up-to-date
JP> info off the net. And Info is not up to date. Amazing Computing and
JP> AmigaWhirled [And JumpDisk] are all faster than .info, from what I've
JP> seen from them.

If you go back and read my message again a few more times, you might
detect a hint of sarcasm (look real hard).  I was lamenting the fact
that INFO was NOT up to date, and that I was aggrivated that they were
still referring to it as AMIX. No point in arguing with me when it
appears we agree anyway.

- Dave