[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 screen shifts to right

ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug) (11/26/90)

Hi.
I'm using productivity mode and when I execute a program that uses
its own screen (not productivity), that screen is shifted to the
right (about an inch and a half).  I have been using the monitor
controls to move the programs screen back over.

Does anyone know whats going on?  I hope this is an easy adjustment,
it just seems strange that one screen is perfectly centered (with or
without overscan).

--
---------------------------------//-------------------------------------
Doug Dyer  Clemson University   //      "Splunge!"  -  MP

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (11/28/90)

In article <11831@hubcap.clemson.edu> ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug) writes:
>Hi.
>I'm using productivity mode and when I execute a program that uses
>its own screen (not productivity), that screen is shifted to the
>right (about an inch and a half).  I have been using the monitor
>controls to move the programs screen back over.

You might be able to fix this by adjusting your overscan preferences
for both types of screen (productivity and standard) so that they
line up.

>Doug Dyer  Clemson University   ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu

Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu (Doug) (11/28/90)

I have set the overscan prefs. for NTSC and PRODUCTIVITY.  They are both
centered and overscanned.  However, when I run software that ignores the
workbench settings, the screen is always halfway off to the right.

I tried to remedy this by adjusting the monitor knobs to center the image,
and adjust the overscan prefs to it.  NTSC will do this, but productivity
will not move (those handles) to the right at ALL (even after fully
shrinking the window).

PRODUCTIVITY insists on being on the left, and NTSC doesnt care.  I cant
line them up for applications that jump to their own screen.

Is there a hardware adjustment or something?

Doug Dyer

--
Doug Dyer  Clemson University   //      "Splunge!"  -  MP
ddyer@hubcap.clemson.edu    \\ //

keithh@bwdls40.bnr.ca (Keith Hanlan) (11/30/90)

Screen shifting to the right is endemic with left handed video game
players. The cure is to try to train yourself not to thump the screen so
hard when your character dies. A compromise is to try to alternate the
thumps with your right and left hands.

:-)