[comp.sys.amiga] Comp.sys.amiga reorganization information wanted

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) (11/28/90)

Due to the bizarre setup of the system on which I read comp.sys.amiga and it's
derivatives, I don't have read access to new.groups.  Could someone please
either email me information on how to vote, or post the same information to
comp.sys.amiga?

Please note that I can only send mail over the Internet, so don't give me a
usenet address without including instructions on how to gateway my mail from
Internet to wherever it needs to be.  Thanks in advance!

P.S. I wouldn't asked Kent, but whenever I try to send him (you) mail, it
     bounces.  Boing!

-- Frank McPherson                  INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --

[Just flaming wonderful; I posted this with the only useful information,
 my Internet accessible address, wrong.  Sorry for everyone who saw the
 original before the "cancel" caught it.  No wonder people have trouble
 getting mail to me -- I have no idea where I am.]

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) writes:

>Due to the bizarre setup of the system on which I read comp.sys.amiga and it's
>derivatives, I don't have read access to new.groups.  Could someone please
>either email me information on how to vote, or post the same information to
>comp.sys.amiga?

I hope my mail gets through!

>Please note that I can only send mail over the Internet, so don't give me a
>usenet address without including instructions on how to gateway my mail from
>Internet to wherever it needs to be.  Thanks in advance!

>P.S. I wouldn't asked Kent, but whenever I try to send him (you) mail, it
>     bounces.  Boing!

>-- Frank McPherson                  INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --

Yep, if you are at an Internet site that doesn't even know how to reach
USENet to a registered site at a registered domain address, that could
be a problem indeed. There shouldn't be anyone anywhere that can't reach
me via my Well address, though, one of the best known sites on the greater
net after uunet.

Here is how to reach me via an Internet site, in case anyone else is in
the same situation; the hard way with flat-earther bang path addresses:

	ames.arc.nasa.gov!zorch.sf-bay.org!xanthian   for mail to me, or
	ames.arc.nasa.gov!zorch.sf-bay.org!csa-vote   to submit votes.

Zorch polls ames many times a day (local phone call), this is a fast path.

[I would have _sworn_ there wasn't a site in the world that couldn't get
through to me; I get email from South Africa, for heaven's sake!]

                                                           /// It's Amiga
                                                          /// for me:  why
Kent, the man from xanth.                             \\\///   settle for
<xanthian@Zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> <xanthian@well.sf.ca.us>   \XX/  anything less?
--
Convener, ongoing comp.sys.amiga grand reorganization.