[comp.sys.amiga] Upgrading my 2000HD

jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) (11/15/90)

I have a couple questions concerning upgrading my 2000HD.  It is a stock box
with a 2090A controller and the Rodime 40MB disk.

When OS2.0 is shipped I will seriously be considering upgrading my 2000
with the new OS and the ECS.

Will this upgrade allow me to use the 1MB memory chips on the mother
board rather than the 256k chips, similarly to what can be done on the 3000?

If not, please tell me what is different that prevents this.

If it is do-able, what will have to be modified/replaced/etc?  What would be
the limitations of fast and/or chip memory?

I would expect that if this is possible it would be very cost effective
over a memory expansion board.

Your thoughts on this are most welcome!!

Regards, Jerry Whitman - keeper of the FishXref and FishCon.

jwhitman@STL-06SIMA.ARMY.MIL (Jerry Whitman) (11/30/90)

HELLO!!! ...  I say - Is anybody home??????
I posted this twice in the last two weeks and have received no response,
so let me try it one more time..............

I have a couple questions concerning upgrading my 2000HD.  It is a stock box
with a 2090A controller and the Rodime 40MB disk.

When OS2.0 is shipped I will seriously be considering upgrading my 2000
with the new OS and the ECS.

Will this upgrade allow me to use the 1MB memory chips on the mother
board rather than the 256k chips, similarly to what can be done on the 3000?

If not, please tell me what is different that prevents this.

If it is do-able, what will have to be modified/replaced/etc?  What would be
the limitations of fast and/or chip memory?

I would expect that if this is possible it would be very cost effective
over a memory expansion board.

Your thoughts on this are most welcome!!

Regards, Jerry Whitman - keeper of the FishXref and FishCon.
   6       1477: 15 Nov 90 To: amiga-relay Upgrading my 2000HD
(Message # 6: 1477 bytes)