[comp.sys.amiga] Source for Quantum 105S disks wanted

jim@syteke.be (Jim Sanchez) (11/30/90)

I will be going back to the USA for Christmas in a few days and would
like to get a bigger Quantum to replace my 40 MB drive.  I looked at a
MAC newspaper when I was last there and noticed quite a few places
selling them for $550 or less.  I have looked in Computer Shopper and
the usual Amiga rags but nothing this cheap.  Anyone who has some
experience with places that sell at this kind of price please send me
an email with details.
thanks a bunch

dtiberio@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (12/02/90)

  Quantum 105mb for $549 - Montgomery Grant (yechh!)

  Quantum 105mb for $589 - Software Shop

  Quantum ProDrive 105S for $599 at Go Amigo

  Quantum 105mb for $539 at CompuAbility

All prices and ads in current Amig World...
David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3605  AMIGA  Toto Productions DDD MEN

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) (12/02/90)

dtiberio@csserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Quantum 105mb for $539 at CompuAbility

The cheapest place I've found for Quantum (and a few other high quality
drives) is APS (Alliance Peripheral Systems), a Mac oriented outfit.
The list I've got is way out of date, but if you call them at (800)
233-7550 you can find out their current prices.

Six months ago the Quantum 105 was $599, and the 170 was $849, but
prices have dropped a lot since then.
--
Blaine Gardner @ Evans & Sutherland  580 Arapeen Drive, SLC, Utah 84108
blgardne@esunix.UUCP                       BIX: blaine_g

torrie@Neon.Stanford.EDU (Evan James Torrie) (12/02/90)

blgardne@javelin.es.com (Blaine Gardner) writes:

>The cheapest place I've found for Quantum (and a few other high quality
>drives) is APS (Alliance Peripheral Systems), a Mac oriented outfit.
>The list I've got is way out of date, but if you call them at (800)
>233-7550 you can find out their current prices.

>Six months ago the Quantum 105 was $599, and the 170 was $849, but
>prices have dropped a lot since then.

  Now the 105 is $499, and the 210 is $849...

Evan Torrie.  Stanford University, Class of 199?       torrie@cs.stanford.edu
"I like you Bob, you've got balls."  - Lord Edmund Blackadder