[comp.sys.amiga] Fish Disks

jhoffman@sunbalt.UUCP (Jim Hoffman [Special Programs Engineer Fort Meade]) (01/21/88)

 I recently purchased an Amiga500 and am quite impressed with the user interface.
Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of software available in my local area. Can
anyone tell me the best mail order house for software and also the best place
to purchase the Fred Fish disks.  Also, which of the monthly magazines do you prefer.

  Thanks,

   Jim Hoffman   sun!sundc!sunbalt!jhoffman

chanst@atrium.UUCP (Steve T Chan) (01/23/88)

In article <102@sunbalt.UUCP>, jhoffman@sunbalt.UUCP (Jim Hoffman [Special Programs Engineer Fort Meade]) writes:

>  I recently purchased an Amiga500 and am quite impressed with the user interface.
> Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of software available in my local area. Can
> anyone tell me the best mail order house for software and also the best place
> to purchase the Fred Fish disks.  Also, which of the monthly magazines do you prefer.

First, about fish disks, you do not necessary have to purchase them. (Although
Amazing Computing will be happy to sell you copies of them) You could
generally get copies of fish disks from your Amiga dealer (Since they are
either PD or shareware) As for mail ordering, I buy stuff from my local
dealer so I can't help you.. And which Amiga magazines do I prefer...
Hmmm.. Thats a tough one, I read all of them, and I think they all have
their own good points.. Amazing Computing, Amigaworld are the ones that
I read.

| Steve Chan                            UUCP: gatech!petro!atrium!chanst |
| @ Atrium @ The Alamo                BITNET: chanst@atrium.UUCP         |
| San Antonio, Texas                    ARPA:                            |
| 'If you put your minds to it, you could accomplish anything!' - Doc    |

WITHERS%RCN.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (GAW) (04/30/88)

Hello all.  This is going to be simple but I am new to Amiga.  I actually don't
even have the machine yet, but will be getting it soon.  Anyway...does anyone
out there have a list of the Fish disks and what the major files are on each
so when I get ready to get them I can go for the utilities/programs/etal. that
I will need?  I would appreciate it.  Thank you.

George Withers, Fitchburg State College, Fitchburg MASS 01420 (Comp Sci Dept)
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." - W. Wonka

roch@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (05/01/88)

Ali,
	I just tried to FTP to score.stanford.edu to
get your whereis file, but the host was unknown.  If
possible, I'd appreciate your
	a) mailing it to me
    or	b) posting it if the demand is high enough

			Thank you in advance,
			David Roch
			roch@a.cs.uiuc.edu

page@swan.ulowell.edu (Bob Page) (05/03/88)

WITHERS%RCN.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (GAW) wrote:
>does anyone out there have a list of the Fish disks

Look in the back of Amazing Computing magazine; they have the whole list
of Amicus and Fish disks.

Sites with FTP access can get the entire list from /amiga/doc/fish.list
on swan.ulowell.edu.

..Bob
--
Bob Page, U of Lowell CS Dept.  page@swan.ulowell.edu  ulowell!page

fnf@fishpond.UUCP (Fred Fish) (05/04/88)

In article <2337@louie.udel.EDU> WITHERS%RCN.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu (GAW) writes:
>Hello all.  This is going to be simple but I am new to Amiga.  I actually don't
>even have the machine yet, but will be getting it soon.  Anyway...does anyone
>out there have a list of the Fish disks and what the major files are on each

A disk based catalog is available directly from me at no charge (as long as
you supply disks and postage).  The catalog has been split into two disks
(disk 0A and disk 0B).  To get a copy send two disks and $0.65 postage to:

	Fred Fish
	Catalog Disk Requests
	1346 W. 10th Place
	Tempe, Arizona  85281
	USA

I will supply the disk labels, mailing label, and return mailer.

-Fred

--
# Fred Fish    hao!noao!mcdsun!fishpond!fnf     (602) 921-1113
# Ye Olde Fishpond, 1346 West 10th Place, Tempe, AZ 85281  USA

A4422DAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET (Konrad Neuwirth) (07/11/88)

Could please anyone send me a list of the fishdisks from 138 to whatever
the latest disk is ?
Thanks

                               SIGNED, AS ALWAYS
                                     I^  /I  +----
                                     I ^/ I  +--
                                     I    I  +----
 "SORRY FOR LIVING, I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN"
                    KONRAD NEUWIRTH (A4422DAE AT AWIUNI11) (KONRAD ON RELAY)

evans@lsrhs.UUCP (Dave Evans) (07/12/88)

In article <8807111147.AA01306@jade.berkeley.edu> A4422DAE@AWIUNI11.BITNET (Konrad Neuwirth) writes:
>Could please anyone send me a list of the fishdisks from 138 to whatever
>the latest disk is ?
>Thanks

As long as anyone is at it, could you please mail me a copy also???

						thanx,

						  Dave
					decvax!genrad!evans@lsrhs.COM
					--!mit-eddie/!mit-caf

kiron@concour.CS.Concordia.CA (Kiron Bondale) (07/06/89)

Hi!
Are there any anonymous FTP sites that have ANY of the Fred Fish disks???

Thanks

Kiron
(kiron@sunkisd.cs.concordia.ca / kiron@concour.cs.concordia.ca)

 Kiron D. Bondale       Concordia University, Mtl., Quebec, Canada
 "Never mourn Black Omne" ___Habitat:kiron@sunkisd.CS.Concordia.CA

deh@ndmath.UUCP (David Hurtubise) (07/06/89)

> Are there any anonymous FTP sites that have ANY of the Fred Fish disks???

Fish disks 001-222 are available via anonymous ftp:

128.174.5.54  uxe.cso.uiuc.edu       fish001-188
128.174.252.27  uihub.cs.uiuc.edu    fish189-222

------------------------
David Hurtubise
Math Department
University of Notre Dame
deh@ndmath.math.nd.edu

nschultz@polyslo.CalPoly.EDU (Ned W. Schultz) (09/02/89)

You can find the Fish Disks (up to FF228 last I checked) at etana.tut.fi

I have had no problems downloading from there.  uihub is a complete waste
of time (and someone's disk space).

To the folks in Finland (that is where etana.tut.fi is, yes?): Could you
please check FF213...the icons that are supposed to be in Icons.zoo are
not there.  And thanks for putting up the zoo files.  Hope you can
continue with the latest disks.

Ned Schultz        nschultz@polyslo.calpoly.edu

detert@lognet2.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (09/11/89)

Is there any FTP site besides UIHUB with Fish disks higher than FF228????
I haven't been able to get to UIHUB for over 2 weeks and it still has
n timed out problem anyway.  Etana was pretty good for a while but nothing above
228 has been loaded there either.  I guess it must still be summer break.  Sigh.

Cheers, Dave

CMSgt David K Detert, USAF      MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil

EVERHART@arisia.dnet.ge.com (Glenn Everhart: 215 354 7610 (8*747 7610)) (03/11/90)

I've put Fish disk images for Fish disks 311,312,315,316,317,
318,319 (2 parts), and 320 onto incoming/amiga in
xanth.cs.odu.edu.
  These are in ZOO files I made from my copies (direct from Fred) this
past weekend. The missing two contain Dillon's UUCP and the ZC / A68K
combo, both of which are available for ftp elsewhere.
  On ff312.zoo I added the message containing the patches for the
tracksalve program. The original files are all untouched; the saved
mail file is however added (headers and all) with the uuencoded
binary patcher, and also I have added the uudecoded patcher from
this message. (The result still fits on one disk and I added this
before making the zoo; my master now contains the patch info also.)
   The other images are completely untouched.
  Here's hoping these can be used.
Glenn Everhart

vrh@mh_co2.mh.nl (Michael Verheij) (03/14/90)

Can anyone tell me where to get de table of contents of the various Fish
Disks and the disks themselves in Europe (preferably in the Netherlands)?

Thanx in advance,
Michael
---
Michael Verheij				       vrh@mh.nl via internet backbones
Multihouse Automatisering B.V.		       uucp: ..!{uunet,hp4nl}!mh.nl!vrh
Doesburgweg 7, 2803 PL Gouda, The Netherlands  phone/fax: +31 1820 62944/62500
----------- "Experience comes with the amount of equipment ruined." -----------

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (03/15/90)

In article <4465@mhres.mh.nl> vrh@mh_co2.mh.nl (Michael Verheij) writes:
>Can anyone tell me where to get de table of contents of the various Fish
>Disks and the disks themselves in Europe (preferably in the Netherlands)?

	The best place in Europe that I know of (but what do I know) is
Etana.tut.fi (128.214.1.1) in Finland. They seem to keep up with the Fish
disks pretty well.

d88-mbe@sm.luth.se (Michael Bergman) (07/01/90)

rb4572@leah.Albany.Edu (Ron E. Bangel) writes:

>> you can obtain Fred Fish disks. Is that correct?
>> If so, could someone give me the FTP address(es)?

>Sure, no problem, Chris. You can ftp to the above address, which contains
>all 350 (available as PD) Fred Fish disks.

One problem. uxe is no more, ux1.cso.uiuc.edu is the correct address and
all (1-350) Fish disks are there.

Mike
--
      Michael Bergman         Internet: d88-mbe@sm.luth.se
  //  Undergrad. Comp. Eng.   BITNET:   d88-mbe%sm.luth.se@kth.se

kchiu@carina.unm.edu (08/17/90)

	I just saw Mr. Fred Fish's post regarding the release of disk
361-370. I was just curious, how come disk 351-360 is not on any of the
FTP sites? They are quiet old now.

kchiu@carina.unm.edu

dlcogswe@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Dan Cogswell) (10/30/90)

Can somebody tell me of an FTP site with Fish disk 380 (or just mail me
the uuencoded Oberon compiler from that disk :-)??

Thanks...
--
Dan

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) (12/03/90)

I'm looking for two programs which were contained on some Fish disks.  Both
programs test disk speed.  Is there an FTP site in the USA which archives the
fish disks?  Failing that, could someone just uuencode diskperf from 187 and
diskspeed from 329, then mail them to me?  Thanks lots.

-- Frank McPherson                  INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --