[comp.sys.amiga] NoiseTracker Modules

detert@lognet2.hq.aflc.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) (11/12/90)

Just a quick question.  What do I need to play the various
NT files on our favorite FTP site?  Is there something in the PD
there and did I just miss it?  Thanks, Dave
CMSgt David K Detert, USAF        MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/14/90)

detert@lognet2.hq.aflc.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes:

> Just a quick question.  What do I need to play the various
> NT files on our favorite FTP site?  Is there something in the PD
> there and did I just miss it?  Thanks, Dave
> CMSgt David K Detert, USAF        MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil

You can use a few programs:

SoundTracker
        Don't recommend. It has a STEEP learning curve, and most versions
        lying around are illegal.

NoiseTracker
        Hacked up version og SoundTracker. The latest, however (2.1) is
        being sold legally, through a deal with the original author.
        Still has a hellish interface.

IntuiTracker
        Player only. This one is perfectly legal. Find this one at
        mars.ee.msstate.edu as /files/Amiga.Music/intuitracker.lzh.

MED
        This is a legal public domain SoundTracker clone. It has trouble
        playing some SoundTracker songs, but is better ofr creating songs
        because it both has a MUCH better interface, and is more
        flexible.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68000 chip." -Computer Shopper

ztsindi@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (12/03/90)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow

 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

In article <36107@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, detert@lognet2.hq.aflc.af.mil (CMS David K. Detert) writes...
>Just a quick question.  What do I need to play the various
>NT files on our favorite FTP site?  Is there something in the PD
>there and did I just miss it?  Thanks, Dave
>CMSgt David K Detert, USAF        MILNet:  detert@lognet2.af.mil

Greetings.  I am looking for new modules IT/ST to add to my ever growing
collection.  Currently I have 58 mods and would like to trade for any news ones
that you have that I do not have.  Plesae leave me information as to your
feelings on this, or send a letter to the following address.  Many thanks.

Contact -    Clayton J. Miner
             1476 Main Street
             Buffalo, NY, 14209

 |          Wing Commander Skeksis - Reality Engineer                  |
 | Clayton J. Miner     | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                      |
 | -------------------- | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU       |
 | The views of this post are not the views of this host organization. |
 |  They ARE, however, the views of the SysOp of the Known World BBS.  |
 |         300-1200-2400 bps, 24 hours mostly.  A SkyLine BBS.         |
 |                         (716)-883-3083                              |