[comp.sys.amiga] TrakBlaster-where can I get MOD files?

IO91472@MAINE.BITNET (11/02/90)

    I've found a _few_ amiga *.mod files and have been playing them on the
Sound Blaster using TrakBlaster.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I
can get a _LOT_ more?

IO00902@MAINE.BITNET (11/02/90)

I KNOW THIS GUY IN SOMERSET RM. 407 HE HAS 100'S OF THIS TYPE OF FILES. BIG ED'
S HIS NAME  AND AMIGAS HIS GAME.

jimb@faatcrl.UUCP (Jim Burwell) (11/04/90)

IO91472@MAINE.BITNET writes:

>    I've found a _few_ amiga *.mod files and have been playing them on the
>Sound Blaster using TrakBlaster.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I
>can get a _LOT_ more?

I have 11 880K disks full of modules.  I've gotten most of them from
abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov.  They're in the /amiga/sound/ntmodules and
/incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker-Modules directories.  You'll find most
in the /incoming... direcory.  Some kind soul has been ftp'ing lots
of new mods almost every day!

I also have some Oktalyzer songs and StarTrekker songs.  But these are
8 voice songs, and trying to play 4 voices over a one channel D/A using
waveform adding probably sounds cheesy enough.  Waveform adding 8 voices
would probably sound terrible, and require a '386 33MHZ or i486 to play.

Of course, on my 7 MHZ 68K based Amiga 500, I commonly play NoiseTracker
modules while zmodeming stuff from our Unix site at 19.2Kbaud, unzipping
and unlharcing files, and formatting a floppy, all at the same time.
In fact, at this moment, I'm playing a Noisetracker module (actually a Med
module) while typing this.

BTW, I've heard a rumor that they're going to have a 4-voice Sound Blaster
RSN.  With that, and a multi-tasking operating system, you could do the same
thing, 'cept you probably couldn't play complex animations at the same time.

'course, you could buy an Amiga :-).

<sorry ... just couldn't resist }:->

C'ya,
Jim

--
UUCP:  ...!rutgers!faatcrl!jimb              Internet:  jimb@faatcrl.UUCP
		Under brooding skys and watchful eyes

arc@desire.wright.edu (11/06/90)

In article <90305.235800IO91472@MAINE.BITNET>, IO91472@MAINE.BITNET writes:

>     I've found a _few_ amiga *.mod files and have been playing them on the
> Sound Blaster using TrakBlaster.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I
> can get a _LOT_ more?

  Try ABCFD20.LARC.NASA.EDU in incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker-Modules/

   There are at least 30 MOD's on there...

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (11/17/90)

HAhaha. on abcfd20in incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker-Modules, I've commonly
seen at least 50.

                        Joseph Hillenburg
             Secretary, Bloomington Amiga Users Group
joseph@valnet.UUCP                        ...!iuvax!valnet!joseph
  "Only Apple could slow down a 68000 chip." -Computer Shopper

ztsindi@ubvmsb.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (12/03/90)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow

 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

In article <1990Nov5.165821.1747@desire.wright.edu>, arc@desire.wright.edu writes...
>In article <90305.235800IO91472@MAINE.BITNET>, IO91472@MAINE.BITNET writes:
>>
>>     I've found a _few_ amiga *.mod files and have been playing them on the
>> Sound Blaster using TrakBlaster.  I was wondering if anyone knows where I
>> can get a _LOT_ more?
>
>  Try ABCFD20.LARC.NASA.EDU in incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker-Modules/
>
>   There are at least 30 MOD's on there...

RE:  ABCFD20.LARC.NASA.EDU in incoming/amiga/NoiseTracker-Modules/

Where do I find this area?  I am very new to the VAX, and I do not know my way
around here.  I, like so many other, and always looking to increase my stock of
mods.  Also, how do I add mods to this area, as I already have 58 of them and
would like to share.

 |          Wing Commander Skeksis - Reality Engineer                  |
 | Clayton J. Miner     | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                      |
 | -------------------- | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU       |
 | The views of this post are not the views of this host organization. |
 |  They ARE, however, the views of the SysOp of the Known World BBS.  |
 |         300-1200-2400 bps, 24 hours mostly.  A SkyLine BBS.         |
 |                         (716)-883-3083                              |