[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for a few good PD programs

blueeagle@vax1.mankato.msus.edu (11/30/90)

I would like the "nets" help in locating sites for the following programs.
If you know where where on the net the following PD software can be found,
please e-mail or post.

3DLookt
cribbage master
cursor
etrain
Ffreddy
msdos1.lzh
Plans
Plotxy
smovie
tinyball
wb2look.lzh

Any help would be appreciated

J. Becker

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Nov29.152551.102@vax1.mankato.msus.edu> blueeagle@vax1.mankato.msus.edu writes:

>I would like the "nets" help in locating sites for the following programs.
>If you know where where on the net the following PD software can be found,
>please e-mail or post.
>
>3DLookt
>cribbage master
>cursor
>etrain
>Ffreddy
>msdos1.lzh
>Plans
>Plotxy
>smovie
>tinyball
^^^^^^^^^^
Please note that Tinyball is from an Amiga World Toolchest disk. NOthing
on those disks is public domain or freely redistributable. Programs
and files appearing on those disks were created for Amiga World, usually
for $$ and Amiga World has exclusive distribution rights to them unless
specifically stated otherwise on the disk or inside the program or file
itself.  Unfortunately, this point is NOT at all clearly made on the
Toolchest disks and I've spoken to Lou Wallace (Senior Technology
Editor @ Amiga World magazine) about how the stuff he puts on his
Toolchest disks keeps showing up on BBSes all over the place (Tinyball
is a prime example), and he informed me that future Toolchests will
have much more explicit statments about the status of software appearing
on those disksand authors who submit to Toolchest disks will be asked
to do the same, usually in their "about" windows or in documentation
if their submissions are not executable programs.

While I'm here, please note  that the same thing applies to any disks published
by Amiga Plus (Antic) and Amiga Resource (Compute).  Jumpdisk is another
story and a mixed bag: if a Jumpdisk program says it may be freely
distributed, it may.  Also note that many authors retain copyright
over their creations so even IF something says "freely redistributable"
this does NOT necessarily make it "public domain."

Thanks,

>J. Becker

Harv Laser                                      {anywhere}!crash!hrlaser
"Park and lock it.  Not responsible."           People/Link: CBM*HARV