[comp.sys.amiga] GEOS for IBM

cyaa01@mixcom.UUCP (Chris Klausmeier) (12/04/90)

In article <1990Dec3.175951.3703@sbcs.sunysb.edu> dtiberio@libws3.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

/ No one seems to have mentioned that BerkSoft has been working on GEOS for the
/ IB*. It is supposed to multitask, besides the fact that it looks beautiful.
/ Second, it is already on a variety of platforms (3 - Apple II, C64, C128).

I read somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that the only similarities
between the different GEOSes is the name and the fact that they're
windowing OS's. I know I'd be surprised to see GEOS on my 64 multitask!

/ David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3605  AMIGA  DToto Productions  DDD Men

--
[] Chris Klausmeier -- cyaa01@mixcom.UUCP []
[] if I could wave my magic wand... [][][][]

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (12/04/90)

>/ No one seems to have mentioned that BerkSoft has been working on GEOS for the
>/ IB*. It is supposed to multitask, besides the fact that it looks beautiful.
>/ Second, it is already on a variety of platforms (3 - Apple II, C64, C128).

>I read somewhere (correct me if I'm wrong) that the only similarities
>between the different GEOSes is the name and the fact that they're
>windowing OS's. I know I'd be surprised to see GEOS on my 64 multitask!

Well Geos DOn't Multitack on MY 64, Works Kinda Like the MACS do, ya know
load calculator and the spreadsheet stops...

GEOS i the neatest thing out for the 64, but what i liked about it was...

THE CHEAP PROGRAMS... The spreadsheet was $40, DTP $45, and the thing was
a Breeze to use!... If it was Out for the amiga i'd get it!

I here the 64 emulator programs sometimes don't like Geos....  :^(

Well I guess I just liked the Idea that the programs were High Quality
Lo Cost. Having Geos made upgrading to the Amiga a Breeze...
Exept i diden't have the Programs i was use to...

BERKELY! PORT GEOS TO THE AMIGA!, (IF It's Good enough for IB$ then why not a
machine MADE to run that kinda software!)
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still