[comp.sys.amiga] New Xanth File Archives

fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) (12/04/90)

Just out of curiosity, what are the chances of someone volunteering to make a
file containing descriptions of a large number of the New Xanth stuff?  It'd
be REAL helpful in determining whether or not I want to get something.  For
example, there is a file, uploaded on 29 November, called usenet/comp.binaries.
amiga/volume90/util/lome-1.1/part03.Z.  I have NO idea what this is, and I
don't have access to comp.binaries.amiga, so I can't tell without downloading i

-- Frank McPherson                  INTERNET: fmcphers@vttcf.cc.vt.edu --

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (12/05/90)

In article <9012040124.AA116746@vttcf.cc.vt.edu> fmcphers@VTTCF.CC.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) writes:
> For example, there is a file, uploaded on 29 November, called
> usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume90/util/lome-1.1/part03.Z.
> I have NO idea what this is, and I don't have access to
> comp.binaries.amiga, so I can't tell without downloading i

All the comp.sources.amiga and comp.binaries.amiga files are
described in their appropriate LOGFILEs:

Thu  29-Nov-90  21:51:25    71863  usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/LOGFILE
Sun  14-Oct-90  19:39:49    61096  usenet/comp.sources.amiga/LOGFILE

These contain the one-line descriptions found in the Subject lines of
the actual postings.  If, after reading the one-liner, you need more
description, then get part01 of the posting, which will included the
blurb supplied by the person who submitted the package...

	...tad