[comp.sys.amiga] FTPed software won't run,help!

griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) (12/04/90)

I need help!!!
Ive benn downloading software ftp (both the US and Europe)with a sun workstation then downloading it to an IBM thats hooked to the net,so far so good(I think)
then i tranfer it from an IBM floppy to an Amiga floppy useing crossdoss 4.0
but when I try to unpack it (zoo and lharc)it says that the data is corrupt
what am I doing wrong???????

please (begging!) help, I'm loosing what little mind I have trying to figure
it out(AAAAAAHHHHHH)

please E-mail me or phone at 517-355-5223 or by bird plane telepathicall
y(oops) I don't care just help :}

 thanks!   Terry

ps3@ph3hp840.physik.uni-stuttgart.de (ps-Gruppe) (12/05/90)

In article <1990Dec3.181300.15273@msuinfo.cl.msu.edu> griffith@frith.msu.edu (Terry Griffith) writes:
>I need help!!!
>Ive benn downloading software ftp (both the US and Europe)with a sun workstation then downloading it to an IBM thats hooked to the net,so far so go
)
>then i tranfer it from an IBM floppy to an Amiga floppy useing crossdoss 4.0
>but when I try to unpack it (zoo and lharc)it says that the data is corrupt
>what am I doing wrong???????

Did you allways use the binary-mode, when you transfered your file with ftp
to your sun and between the sun and the IBM?

Thomas Stuempfig

Thomas Stuempfig             |  stuempfig@physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Pikosekunden-Labor           |  ps3@ph3hp840.physik.uni-stuttgart.de
Uni Stuttgart                |  ocac@ds0rus1i.bitnet