[comp.sys.amiga] okimate 20 print driver

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (11/28/90)

In looking through my A3000 manuals I discovered that the Okimate 20 print-driv
er that comes with it only supports single density printing.  The manual for my
 Okimate 20 says that there are double and quadruple print density modes availa
ble.  I'd like to know if there is a print-driver out there that takes advantag
e of the double & quad density modes.  Also, there tend to be fine white lines
between each print line when I print out graphics.  When I used the Okimate 20
with my 64 & GEOS, the GEOS print-driver reduced the verticle printing to avoid
 those little white lines.  Is there a print driver available that will do this
 too?  If not,  would anyone be willing to create such a print-driver?  I'd try
 to write one myself but I'm very new to the Amiga environment and lack the kno
wledge and experience needed.

Jason Koszarsky

kukulski@athena.mit.edu (Timothy W Kukulski) (12/01/90)

you mentioned little white lines... I had a problem wtih this a few years
ago when I was working for Micro World (MicroComputerServices) in Michigan..

Appearetly you cannot use the IBM plug and print with an Amiga 500/2000...

what we had to do then, to get things working properly, was to use an
Amiga 1000 plug and print and then use an Amiga2000 printer cable with it...

apparently there was a difference in the plug and print itself...

disclaimer, etc...

there are some who call me.... Tim

--
----------------
 There are some

bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) (12/05/90)

In article <1990Dec1.023422.5536@athena.mit.edu> kukulski@athena.mit.edu (Timothy W Kukulski) writes:

>you mentioned little white lines... I had a problem wtih this a few years
>ago when I was working for Micro World (MicroComputerServices) in Michigan..
>
>Appearetly you cannot use the IBM plug and print with an Amiga 500/2000...
>
> 'Tim'

There is absolutly no difference between the IBM plug and print module
and the Amgia plug and print module.

If anybody had bothered to read all the manuals you would have discoved
that on the IBM module a dip switch is 'unset' whereby causing NO
overlap of lines when printed. The Amiga module came with that dipswitch
set to 'on' causing a 1 pixel overlap between lines.

My friend uses an IBM plug-n-print with an Amiga printer cable with no
problems, I use an Amiga plug-n-print module with an IBM printer cable
also with great rusults.

==Brett

  *        If you can't enjoy yourself...enjoy someone else.        *
  *       // The Computer for    | Brett The Butcher                *
  *   \\ //  an over stuffed     | Send contributions to:           *
  *    \X/   and active          | USENET: (I think this'll do it)  *
  *   AMIGA  imagination.        |  ...ccicpg!cci632!sjfc!bpv9073   *

JBK4@psuvm.psu.edu (12/06/90)

I guess my lines are caused by a bad printhead but I'm still looking for a prin
t driver that takes advantage of the Okimate 20's Dual and Quad density printin
g.
  Jason Koszarsky