Date: Tue Aug 2 21:33:22 1988
>From: detert (CMS David K. Detert)
Subject: Re: Compress
To: richp1!kjohn@att.att.com

Kjohn, No I didn't get a copy of the archives at the Expo, but I really didn't
need them, I've already got most of what I want via FTP.  I did get the latest
uncompress for 15bits.  Unfortunately, that hasn't solved my problem.  I still
think our (LOGNET2) version of kermit only transfers text files.  I got some
mail from ari@j.cc.purdue.edu that seems to confirm that and I sent him a copy
of the online manual for kermit.  In his response he mentioned something called
C-Kermit and I was able to locate that program.  So far no luck tho'.  I also
found a thing called umodem, but that doesn't seem to do it either.  I'm
beginning to think it's OnLine 2.0, are you aware of any problems using it
to download binaries with kermit.  I also tried Vt100 2.7, all unsuccessfully.
Anyway, it was super meeting you at AmiExpo and I wish I could have hung around
for the get together Saturday nite.  I'll keep plugging away and see if I can
solve this.  In the meantime, I'll just continue to uncompress on LOGNET2 and
download the uu/shar file.  At least, THAT WORKS.  I hate not being able to
do something that SHOULD work.  I wish I weren't 1000 miles from the mainframe,
I could go TALK to someone IN PERSON.  Catch you later on the Net.  Dave

MAILER-DAEMON@beau (Mail Delivery Subsystem) (12/06/90)

550 <amiga-relay-request@udel.edu>... Host unknown

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 90 14:18:02 EST
From: MAILER-DAEMON@beau (Mail Delivery Subsystem)
Subject: Returned mail: Host unknown
To: <meb@bilbo>

550 <amiga-relay@udel.edu>... Host unknown

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 90 14:18:02 EST

I am looking for an Amiga printer driver for the HP PaintJet XL.
I am using WB 1.3 and have the driver for the HP PaintJet, but not the XL.
Does anyone know where I can get this?
Will I need a new preferences as well?

Thanks,
Michael E. Brown