[comp.sys.amiga] Why NeXT is great !

lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren Rittle) (12/07/90)

I hate to say it but it looks like war... and of course comp.sys.next
deserves to see it all. :-)

First seen in comp.sys.amiga, where else, posted by
  ->  bostrov@storm.UUCP (Vareck Bostrom)  <-:
>In article <EACHUS.90Dec4195111@aries.linus.mitre.org> eachus@linus.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus) writes:
>>    (Flame Retardant)  The Amiga system I saw was not cheap, in fact
>>it may have been more expensive than a 68040 NeXT with a color board
>>and monitor, but boy was it nice!
>>
>>I love that "color board and monitor".
>>
>>The NeXT "color board" is a 16.7 million color system. It uses a
>>33 MHz intel 80860 processor and has a dedicated JPEG compression processor.
>You can put up to 32 mb of ram on the NeXTdimension. Resolution is 1120x832.
>
>- Vareck Bostrom
>bostrov@mist.cs.orst.edu

Yes, the NeXTdimension does look cute (I'm not sure that is the color
board he was talking about though, I'm *sure* you know that there is
also a NeXTslab with color.)  OK, for starters the Amiga is a nice
system.  And, of course, the NeXT with color (and without for some people)
is a nice system.  I just don't want to read about it in comp.sys.amiga
AT LEAST CHANGE TO BLASTED SUBJECT LINE TO INCLUDE NeXT, next, Next or
neXT so *my* kill file will get it, thanks.  See below for why *I* don't
care about high-end NeXT color systems. (look in my .sig)

Loren J. Rittle
(ps, I now think that it would be more than OK to crosspost replies
to all NeXT related messages that appear in comp.sys.amiga into
comp.sys.next as well as comp.sys.amiga!  It is only fair that
all of comp.sys.next should be allowed to enjoy the enlightenment.
At least those that are not clearly marked as such in the subject line.)
--
``In short, this is the absolute coolest computer device ever invented!''
                   -Tom Denbo speaking about The VideoToaster by NewTek

gunda@cbmehq.UUCP (Gunda O'Neal ESCO) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.082106.18287@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren  Rittle) writes:
>I hate to say it but it looks like war... and of course comp.sys.next
>deserves to see it all. :-)

Mind, keeping it there ? ;-]

--
Gunda O'Neal, CATS- EUROPE