[comp.sys.amiga] Thank you Dave Haynie!!!

DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) (11/19/90)

     After losing most of my hair from pulling it out in frustration, I must
thank Dave Haynie for writing Disksalve and recovering a 4.5 Meg animation that
I spent 1.5 weeks rendering from accidental deletion from my hard drive.
     This kind of direct support (and the probability that he will actually SEE
and maybe even REPLY to this message!!!  Does IBM or Apple have somebody from
the company helping people over the Net?) is one of the things that convinced
me to go with Commodore for my first personal computer.  Thanks!

     Now, If I could just get AMAX-II to actually FORMAT my hard drive now that
it recognizes it and asks if I want to format it....

| -Doug  Bischoff- |    *** ***    ====--\         | "It's so neat to |
| -DEB110 @ PSUVM- |   *  ***  *     ==|<>\___     | see an AMIGA say |
| -The Black Ring- |    *** ***        |______\    |   "Welcome to    |
| --- "Wheels" --- |      ***           O   O      |   Macintosh""    |
| Corwyn Blakwolfe |     T.R.I.     -------------  | ---- AMIGA ----  |

GaryWeir@cup.portal.com (Gary M Weir) (11/19/90)

I second the motion!  Many of us are very proud and grateful to have
the help and comments of the many CBM employees who post here.

"Thank you for your support!"

                garyweir@cup.portal.com

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (11/19/90)

In article <90322.203351DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu> DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>     After losing most of my hair from pulling it out in frustration, I must
>thank Dave Haynie for writing Disksalve and recovering a 4.5 Meg animation that
>I spent 1.5 weeks rendering from accidental deletion from my hard drive.
>     This kind of direct support (and the probability that he will actually SEE
>and maybe even REPLY to this message!!!  Does IBM or Apple have somebody from
>the company helping people over the Net?) is one of the things that convinced
>me to go with Commodore for my first personal computer.  Thanks!

You're definately right. Dave Hanie is definately a cool dude. I mean,
I posted a quesiton about 2000's revision numbers, and the NEXT DAY
he replied with the answer. *THAT'S* support.. *THAT'S* why I
love my amiga. *THIS* is why when people say "Is that IBM compatable"
I leave the room, get a tomatoe, and trow it at them.

We love amiga...

BTW: I opened my 2000 to put in my Trumpcard 500 with brackets, and
while looking around, under the revision number (which was 4.1)
and a little sticker saying 4.2... it says "Haynie/xxxx"
I can't remember xxxx, but hey, Haynie BUILT THE BOARD!!!!

Think about this.. the guy who replied to my quesition of
the board, BUILT THE DAMN THING!!!! Yeesh.. where'd
you ever get support like this????!!!!!

Thanks amiga! Reach out and touch us more often with
your great advice and quick replies. Dave haynie.. whatta dude!

(now, if he only replied to my term paper plea which will be up
  tomorrow, I'll have the BEST BEST BESTEST source for my paper.
	I REALLY REALLY REALLY <subtle <subtle <subtle> hint> hint> hint>
	hope he'll bless me with some Amiga characteristics that
	he finds appealing and that is pertinant to my paper!
	And, you all can reply as well, please do! The more
	the merrier and the more papers I have to send out!!
	So... if you want to list to me reasons why you think
	Amiga's rule, IBM's etc, etc, stink - then
	reply here or on tomorrow post "WHY AMIGA'S ARE THE BEST! C'MON!!!!"
	and gimme yer input! Thanks amiga-ans.

E Pluribus// Contact me if you wish for whatever reason:
 *UNIX*  //  Pri: jeremy@freezer.it.udel.edu Second: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu
     \\ //   Lastly, if neither of those work      :  jeremy@vax1.udel.edu
      \X/     ---> Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions. <----

cleland@sdbio2.ucsd.edu (Thomas Cleland) (11/19/90)

Indeed, hear! hear! for all the Commodore engineers, marketeers,
and other staff from CBM and other Amiga developers who reply
to our questions and needs on the net!

Proud Amigaphile

orovner@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Oleg Rovner) (11/19/90)

Joinin' in on the chorus of Hosannahs... :-)
 OR

PS And let's not forget Andy Finkel, Peter Keitel and other selfless
CBM employees.

--
----------------------bite here-----------------
"The bomb squad X-rayed the radio and determined it was only a

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (11/19/90)

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:

>You're definately right. Dave Hanie is definately a cool dude. I mean,
>he replied with the answer. *THAT'S* support.. *THAT'S* why I
>love my amiga. *THIS* is why when people say "Is that IBM compatable"
>I leave the room, get a tomatoe, and trow it at them.
                         ^^^^^^^

Try throwing Bricks, they work better..

I agree NEt-Amiga support is neat.
even tho i don't under stand a lot of the techie-talk.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still

enforcer@pawl.rpi.edu (Paul J Stewart) (11/20/90)

    Hell, I'll be darned if I don't get into this load-o-thanks myself.  I've
actually made the plunge into Amigadom, and am proud to say that I am currently
in the process of formatting all of my X-MS-SOD diskettes for (drum roll, please
...) AmigaDOS.  I am now working in a lab with 2 2000HD and a 3000UX.  I don't
have my own baby yet, but looking forward to it when funds allow.  From what
I've seen so far, (which has been a number of months) in comp.sys.amiga, you
guys have been right here with us, always willing to supply your opinions/
knowledge for the good of all.
    I've always endeavored to give credit where due, and they are definitely
due, no matter how little we show it at times.  Now if they'd only send that
user group package they promised me 2 weeks ago...  All kidding aside, we as
Amigans need to lose a little of the inferiority complex/over defensiveness.
We know the Amiga is the best for what we use it for, so why should we  have
a problem with anyone else's opinion.  Anyway, off the soap-box I go.   Have
a great Thanksgiving, all!

--
enforcer@pawl.rpi.edu
Claimer: All opinions discussed here are true.

drxmann@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Dustin Christmann) (11/20/90)

In article <14343@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> orovner@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (Oleg Rovner) writes:
>Joinin' in on the chorus of Hosannahs... :-)
> OR
>
>PS And let's not forget Andy Finkel, Peter Keitel and other selfless
>CBM employees.

Not wanting to throw a wet blanket on the festivities, but it's too bad that
every Amiga owner doesn't have an E-mail account. Then everybody wouldn't bitch
and moan in various Amiga rags that C= support sucks. But in keeping with the
theme of the thread:

All hail the way cool Commodore dudes who remember that some of us don't know
everything (-MB- does, though :-)) and who take time to answer our questions
and gripes, whoever and wherever they may be...

>--
>----------------------bite here-----------------
>"The bomb squad X-rayed the radio and determined it was only a
>radio" -San Diego Union.
>_____________________stop biting________________

Hook 'em Horns (OU sux),
Dustin R. Christmann

Internet:	drxmann@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Bitnet:		DRXMANN@UTXVM

Sam: What's happenin', Norm?	Norm: It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and
					I'm wearin' Milk Bone underwear...
						-Taken from _Cheers_

dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com (Eric Dittman) (11/21/90)

In article <90322.203351DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu>, DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:
>                                     ...  Does IBM or Apple have somebody from
> the company helping people over the Net? ...

I don't know about IBM, but Apple has people helping people over the Net.

Eric Dittman
Texas Instruments - Component Test Facility
dittman@skitzo.csc.ti.com
dittman@skbat.csc.ti.com

Disclaimer:  I don't speak for Texas Instruments or the Component Test
             Facility.  I don't even speak for myself.

In article <16002@brahms.udel.edu> jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
>In article <90322.203351DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu> DEB110@psuvm.psu.edu (Doug Bischoff) writes:

>BTW: I opened my 2000 to put in my Trumpcard 500 with brackets, and
>while looking around, under the revision number (which was 4.1)
>and a little sticker saying 4.2... it says "Haynie/xxxx"
>I can't remember xxxx, but hey, Haynie BUILT THE BOARD!!!!

xxxx = Fisher, as in Terry Fisher.  I did the system electronics design for the
2000 (much of which was based on the A500 design from George Robbins) and the
Buster chip, Terry did the PCB layout design.

		      ONLY 230 MILES TO GO

wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org (Walter Mildenberger) (12/08/90)

In article <16150@cbmvax.commodore.com>, Dave Haynie writes:

|xxxx = Fisher, as in Terry Fisher.  I did the system electronics design for the
|2000 (much of which was based on the A500 design from George Robbins) and the
|Buster chip, Terry did the PCB layout design.
			    ^^^ Sorry to bother the whole world, but what
means PCB ?

Thx
---
Walter Mildenberger, Morgenstr. 55, W-7500 Karlsruhe 1, FRG
SubNet: wasp@chumly.ka.sub.org ****** Voice: +49 721 385090
BitNet: 2 b announced soon * Discl.: none, I speak 4 myself