[comp.sys.amiga] List of Amiga Universities?

unhd (Nicholas C Fitanides) (12/07/90)

Hello All-
	  Does anyone out there in net land have a list of universities and/or
colleges which sponsor or use the Amiga extensively?  I'm planning on grad
school, and I would like to learn much more about the Amiga's capabilities.
I've heard good things about VPI, but not much else.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

		-Nick

--
+----------------------+-------------------------+-----------------------------+
.  // Amiga.  Simply   .      Nick Fitanides     . Internet: ncf@unhd.unh.edu  |

hb136@leah.albany.edu (Herb Brown) (12/08/90)

In article <1990Dec7.150941.10055@uunet!unhd> ncf770@unhd.UUCP (Nicholas C Fitanides) writes:
>Hello All-
>	  Does anyone out there in net land have a list of universities and/or
>colleges which sponsor or use the Amiga extensively?  I'm planning on grad
>school, and I would like to learn much more about the Amiga's capabilities.
>
>		-Nick
>--
>.  // Amiga.  Simply   .      Nick Fitanides     . Internet: ncf@unhd.unh.edu  |
>.\X/         the best. .        CS dude          . BITNET:   N_FITANIDES@UNHH  |

We use the Amiga extensively in the Mathematics Dept (at The University
at Albany, Albany, NY). We developed a unique Amiga Classroom where we
offer several levels of Mathematics courses. This is a CLASSROOM, not a
lab, so the students interact simultaneously with their Amiga (each
student has his/her own Amiga), the instuctor's machine, the blackboard,
and their fellow students. No machine is between the student and the
instructor, so "normal" instruction may be done simultaneously with
computer work.
This semester we offered three sections of Calculs, a section of Basic
Analysis, one in Classical Algebra, one in a terminal Calculus course,
one in Linear Programming & Game Theory, and one in Numerical Analysis.
Our experience so far has been excellent. The students and instructors
are delighted with the outcome and we are planning to expand our offerings
this spring and next year.

                                            Herb

Herb Brown  Math Dept  The Univ at Albany  Albany, NY 12222  (518) 442-4640
hibrown@leah.albany.edu or hibrown@cs.albany.edu  or  hb136@ALBNYVMS.BITNET