[comp.sys.amiga] Newest 2.0 Rev, Where?

rlittle@comix.cs.uoregon.edu (Robert A. Little) (12/08/90)

Two questions:

1) I got my 3000 in early July, so I know there must be some new updates to
   to 2.0 op system...where can I get them, how much, and whats the latest
   rev. number?

2) When will 2.0 be available on rom?  How much for 3000 owners?

Thanks much...

--rob

rlittle@cs.uoregon.edu
"Imagine a place where it all began, they gathered from across the land to work
in the secrecy of the desert sand.  All of the brightest boys, to play with
the biggest toys--more than they bargained for..."
                  _Manhattan Project_  RUSH

bruce@zuhause.MN.ORG (Bruce Albrecht) (12/09/90)

>In article <1990Dec8.125144.21267@cs.uoregon.edu> rlittle@comix.cs.uoregon.edu (Robert A. Little) writes:
>

>Two questions:
>
>1) I got my 3000 in early July, so I know there must be some new updates to
>   to 2.0 op system...where can I get them, how much, and whats the latest
>   rev. number?

According to a posting from Bryce Nesbitt on 10/25/90, Release 2.02 is
Kickstart 36.207, Workbench 36.69, (Setpatch 36.4).  The only Commodore 2.02
upgrade comes on the "A3000 Update Disk", available from your dealer.

>2) When will 2.0 be available on rom?  How much for 3000 owners?

When I met a couple of the bigwigs (Copperman and the VP of Sales, whose name
I no longer remember) at the NewTek Video Toaster show in Minneapolis, they said
it would be available in February, and that it will be free to 3000 owners.  Again,
when available, you'll need to see your dealer.
--

bruce@zuhause.mn.org